SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess most of us here know something about the famous Panoz LMP 01 (Le Mans Prototype). It would be hard not to when there seem to be a dozen slot car versions available from Fly and Carrera.

Courtesy Get Slotted

But what is perhaps not so well-known is that Panoz have a range of (slightly) more normal cars that anyone can buy - if the pockets are deep enough - real cars that is, as I don't think there are any slots versions of these. But, if YOU should happen to know differently . . .

If you'd like to see more, then take a trip to
Panoz Home

Maybe take a closer look at their Esperante

at Elepent
and SSIP

And a peek at their AIV Roadster

over at Concept Carz
and Motor Cities

The Esperante GTS is harder to find and, being something of an ugly duckling (IT, not me, you idiots!) and not easy to dig up a good pic, I am just going to leave you to your own devices on that one!

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
The Roadster I know about, sounds nice drives bad is what I hear. Though it does have the speed limiter key switch like the Street Vipers, so your kids can take it out and not wreck it

The Esperante is new to me and looks great (IF a little Mazda like at first glance
)

·
Registered
186 Posts
on the subject of Panoz, they're wheeling out one of the closed-top GTR-1 cars (to put it another way, they've bolted the roof back on the LMP) for the LM 1000km in november. it'll be the last time the venerable design (odd to think it's that old)races in a top event. Bet fly feel a bit silly for destroying the mould to make the LMP now, as the "swansong" car could be quite collectable for panoz fans...

the car wil run to the modern GTP rules that bentley used in the summer. maybe they see a serious advantage in it over running in the LMP900 class.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts