SlotForum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if there is a thead like this one already, where potential customers can see a list of the featured that are currently released, the ones that are not, or not working now but will, ect.

For instance: two of the features I would love to buy this system for are:

PEARLS and Collission detaction, however it is my understanding these are not implemented. Will they be? what other ones are out there from the "original" list?

There is also the vibrator on the controller, its not there currently... In the end, I would be helpful to make this information easily available and maybe listed to avoid dissapointment.

Thanks everyone / Thanks Rick.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Its ALL on the website or in the the threads, have a look

In short AC is out now but has a glitch, I expect a week or two to get back to it.

PEARL is only a few hours programming, I hoping to get to this in the next 3-4 weeks.

Everything is done according to importance. This week for example we released Live Flipper and a new firmware version for the car decoder. These were more important than any thing else.

Anti collision and PEARL are great features, but not of great importance at this moment, so we will get to it when we can.

Rick

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rick,

Let take a look at the site, and yes believe me, I have been stuying the thread and trying to keep up.
I understand the priority system, anti collission and pearl though are very important, the competitors system will not do these thow things. And for people who plan to race "expensive" cars (NRS for intance, or gosh even Racars) AC is a must!

now PEARL, haha I just want to show off !!!.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
PEARL will be exclusively Scorpius too as no other system has the necessary hardware, so at last a function others cant copy!

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Cheers Dieter,

As you can see now I really had to write a Scorpius dedicated RMS. People were unhappy when I announced an end to collaboration with PC Lapcounter, but it simply doesnt have all these new innovations that are wanted/needed.

Rick

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (injectorman @ 7 Jul 2011, 23:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>PEARL will be exclusively Scorpius too as no other system has the necessary hardware, so at last a function others cant copy!

That is great, the main concern is that IT actually makes it into the system and doesnt stay just an idea. The same goes for ghosh cars. Many or use dont have friends who are into this available all the time.

I am glad that Live LC and Anti collission are currently working and that well the wireless is reliable ? (can we use that term yet?)

I am happy to learn I can attach additional button to the controller in series IF I wanted to reposition them.
I also wonder, if we can just ented the wires leading from the battery into an external battery box (slot.it style) this will also work as a lanyard ?

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
QUOTE (Profoxcg @ 9 Jul 2011, 10:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I also wonder, if we can just ented the wires leading from the battery into an external battery box (slot.it style) this will also work as a lanyard ?

External battery pack? Why would you want such an awkward, heavy, unattractive device? Simply as a lanyard?

To me any device with wires it is NOT wireless. Semi wireless perhaps?

You will find the oppositions product simply had no room inside for a battery. You will also find the battery life (9V) on the oppositions product lasts 3 hours only so it was probably necessary regardless.

Scorpius uses 2 x AAA batteries (3V) and is a true "wireless" device, and you will get MINIMUM 100 hours use. We were able to achieve this as the Scorpius controller was designed from day 1 as a dedicated Digital Wireless controller (that we were later able to adapt to analogue).

I change batteries around 4-5 times a year depending on useage, it only takes a minute.

You could probably pick up a lanyard for few dollars online. Maybe someone could do a net search?

Personally Ive only dropped a controller once. Once you do you will never drop it again.

Rick

·
Registered
881 Posts
QUOTE (injectorman @ 8 Jul 2011, 20:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As you can see now I really had to write a Scorpius dedicated RMS. People were unhappy when I announced an end to collaboration with PC Lapcounter, but it simply doesnt have all these new innovations that are wanted/needed.
I was one of the unhappy ones, but not because you chose to develop your own program (which I prefer) but because I had already purchased PC Lap Counter in anticipation of using it with Scorpius so I could familiarize myself with it's use by the time the Scorpius hardware showed up. Now I have an $80 piece of software that I have absolutely no use for.

QUOTE (injectorman @ 8 Jul 2011, 21:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You could probably pick up a lanyard for few dollars online. Maybe someone could do a net search?
I bought these for use with my Scorpius controllers...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=330553302620

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Hooch.

How did you attach them out of curiosity?

Rick

·
Registered
881 Posts
QUOTE (injectorman @ 9 Jul 2011, 00:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Hooch.

How did you attach them out of curiosity?

Rick
I just ordered them a couple of days ago, so I'll be sure to take some pictures once I receive them in the next week or so. I plan on using 2 of the 3 holes on the bottom of the controller.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Cool, I might make them standard issue on the next release. (Even though no other controllers have them)

Rick

·
Registered
881 Posts
QUOTE (injectorman @ 9 Jul 2011, 01:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cool, I might make them standard issue on the next release. (Even though no other controllers have them)

Rick
...and don't worry, they are not made out of wire, so your controller will still be wireless

·
DT
5,195 Posts
QUOTE (injectorman @ 9 Jul 2011, 03:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...
You will find the oppositions product simply had no room inside for a battery. You will also find the battery life (9V) on the oppositions product lasts 3 hours only so it was probably necessary regardless.

Where do you get 3 hours from?

I have run a couple of the oXigen controllers for more than 3 hours and they are still going strong. I would say I've had about 10 hours of use at least. I didn't put battery time into the reviews as it has not been thoroughly tested and the answers you gave were inconsistent.

I would suggest not using the forums to criticise the opposition - do that on your own site if you wish.

·
Registered
524 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 9 Jul 2011, 23:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Where do you get 3 hours from?

I'm guessing from the Slotit website -

http://www.slot.it/Download/oXigen_FAQ.pdf

Dated June 2011:
"In any case, a standard 9V transistor battery, rechargeable or otherwise, can be used. Lithium 9V
rechargeable batteries are on the market already , with a capacity of 500mA which guarantee, with
their flat discharge, several hours of continuous use and zero live operating costs."

My understanding of "several" typically means more than one, but generally not very many.
But hey, lets call it 10 hours for the sake of the arguement.

QUOTE (Doug @ 9 Jul 2011, 23:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would suggest not using the forums to criticise the opposition - do that on your own site if you wish.

Critising the opposition Doug? Interesting point of view.
I see it as a Scorpius claim v an "oposition" claim, both in writing on their respective websites. Scorpius say 3 months of average use.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
It doesn't say 3 hours on the Slot.it website or in their FAQ. Not sure why you post the link to the FAQ or quote the paragraph. Rick didn't get 3 hours from there.

QUOTE Scorpius say 3 months of average use.
Scorpius say 3 months in the System specs section, 500 hours (less than a month) in the manual and 100 hours (4 days) in the Development history section. This is why I didn't include it in the comparison as it is a variable that has not been thoroughly tested.

I would prefer if manufacturers kept their personal opinion of other manufacturers off this site. I really don't want to start moderating their comments, as I would have to intervene if complaints were made - I have better things to do with my time.

All the claims have been made, lets not start out-claiming the other guy in the hope of making one system look better than the other.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Doug,
I thought that info was out months back publically? If its in correect I will apologise to Maurizio but I think you find that is indeed correct.
Maybe Slot.it can confirm?

Rick

PS. Our claim to battery power is 3 months typical use by average user on the website.
All Scorpius specs are conservative, eg our range outdoors is close to 200m but we state 100. Indoors 30m, but we claim 20. Car chip rating 6A peask, we claim 3A continuous, battery life 100hrs, probably closer to 300.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
QUOTE (h00ch @ 9 Jul 2011, 14:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was one of the unhappy ones, but not because you chose to develop your own program (which I prefer) but because I had already purchased PC Lap Counter in anticipation of using it with Scorpius so I could familiarize myself with it's use by the time the Scorpius hardware showed up. Now I have an $80 piece of software that I have absolutely no use for.

Sorry Hooch. I asked PCLapcounter to refund those concerned and I got a negative response. I was disapointed as much as you.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Guys.
Updated list of functions.
1)Live Flipper
2)PEARL (programmable race line)
3)Anti Collision

Next:Ghost cars.

Rick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts