SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been searching the Internet for days and can't find anything. We race a 1/4 mile scale drag track of 1:24 slot cars. On an average night we usually have around 60 - 80 cars in the race. Im wanting something where I can put in the names and cars. It randomly pair them together. Show winner and loser. Be able to record rt and et. And then also record what cars buy back. Any help would be really appreciated. I was going to try to write my own program but after starting it I realized I don't know enough code to get finished.

·
Simon Platten
1,060 Posts
SRS will do this, you just enter all the racers into the system, then configure a 2 lane track, it will pair them up for you. What kind of timing system are you using?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure. But since it already has one I was wanting to use a software for another computer that I can hook to a tv we got there so everyone can see what's going on and when they are up to race. With Everything that's going on sometimes it is hard to hear when your up to race.

·
Simon Platten
1,060 Posts
Ok, I'm a little lost now...can you please explain what you are after clearly...My understanding was that you were looking for a software solution to allow you to run heats?

Did you mean a TV? What sort of computer do you have? Is it a PC? What operating system is it running? Please specify version.

When you say it "already has one" what do you mean? A timing system? If yes, what is the timing system, if you are looking for a software package to create the heats, then the software must be compatible with your timing system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The track already has a timing system. Drag pro 3000. But what I'm wanting to be able to do is install a program that i can type in the time cards, it randomly pairs them and shows who is up next to race. I can then hook the computer to a big screen tv we have in the middle of the building so everyone knows when they are suppose to be racing. (racing, on deck, in the hole). If possible I'd also like to be able to do buybacks and it keep a record of that so we know who needs to pay after third round. (two round buybacks) It can be on the track computer to automatically get the information. Or if that isn't possible I can install onto a different computer and key in information manually. Both computers are running windows xp. Sorry if it sounds confusing. Trying to make it sounds simple.

·
Simon Platten
1,060 Posts
Ok, ty, SRS has a facility where you can enter the race times manually, so you could use it for just organising your heats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts