Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ok I've been looking at the different software options and have still not come to a decision.

My original plan was to seperate the buttons and screen from the PB, the buttons are easy but the screen is proving to be a bit more difficult.
So I thought why not see if I can remove the screen and buttons completely and sole use software to control the PB.

Is this practable?
Are there option/features that can't be controlled via software?

The reason for this is that I want a black box containing 2 pcbs a 6 & 4 car PB modified for master/slave.
The controll ports will be remote frome the unit.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok lets word this different,

If I was to put my PB Pro under my track and never touch it again, (physically).
What functionality or options would I lose If I solely used pc software, eg. SSDC, PCLapCounter ect.

·
Greg Gaub
14,645 Posts
Do you have a PB-Pro? If so, then adding a PC connection will only ADD features, not remove them. The only complaint I have is with controller calibration, and that issue can be circumvented if it becomes an annoyance.
If you don't have a PB-Pro base, e.g. just a v1.2 or something, then you're don't really gain all that much, since without PB-Pro, the computer can't control the base, it's just another way to show the lap timing info.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The plan is to use PB Pro, so by adding a pc and hiding the PB I should be able to achieve full control if not more control over the PB?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts