SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just got my dongle. installed the certificate, drivers and the bootloader software.
The dongle is recognized. I can connact to the dongle.
If I try to connect to a car or my SCP-3 then a little windows appears with the steps which I have to do.
I do this but at the end there is "Press ready" there is no button to press?
Automotive parking light Font Motor vehicle Urban design Rectangle

The red one is turning an turning an nothing happens.
If I try to connect to my SCP-3 there is an "U" at the display.
If I try to connect to a car the car is blinking...

The dongle works with O2 Chronos 1.07. Labs were counted. Pause and Speed knobs work.

But no connection to SCP-3 or cars with the bootloader.

Any ideas?

Fluff

·
ParrotGod
11,501 Posts
I have not used the latest version of the bootloader.
With the previous version, when connecting to a car, you have to make sure that no controller is active (especially the one paired to the car) and the chip is not powered up (the car is not in the slot).
Start the connecting procedure in the bootloader, then put the car in the slot to power up the chip. If nothing happens, remove the car from the slot and start again.
The key thing is that the chip will try to look for connecting to the bootloader when at the beginning of the power up procedure, after which it will only look for connecting to a controller.

·
Greg Gaub
17,056 Posts
It's worth mentioning that your screen capture shows that the dongle is using an older firmware version. If you have not updated it to the latest dongle firmware, some of those features may not work correctly.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I do understand, that a car or the controller have to be in the "connection" mode.
At SCP-3 I press "UP" and "Round" and switch on. No car is on the track. SCP-3 shows "U".
And nothing happend.
At the screen is written "4. Press ready" but there is no "ready"-button.

Link to video
I made a video, but I don't have a youtube account.

Any thoughts.

Fluff

·
Greg Gaub
17,056 Posts
Thanks for the video. I can't see anything that you are doing wrong. It all looks correct.
When I do the same thing, the pop up window disappears and the connection is completed, and all the fields fill in with the controller settings.
I think the "press ready" is mistakenly left in there from the older version.

At this point, I revert to the old standby stuff of reboot the computer, unplug the dongle and plug it back in, exit the bootloader and run it again. See if running it as admin helps. Do you have any security software on that machine that might be trying to "protect" you from wireless instructions? Disable and and all security apps just to check.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use GData Antivirus. It avoided the installation of bootloader. So recovered with Acronis True Image the last backup i made before the try to install O2 software.
I insert the path to "schmidt-thomsen.dk" as exception. After this the installation was without failure messages.
But bootloader unfortunately does not connect. Neither normally nor when I start it as administrator (right click).
Of course I have removed the dongle and rebooted several times.
The interesting thing is that Chronos runs without problems.

After that I restored the backup. Uninstalled GData. Same problem, on two computers....

I am running out of ideas.

Fluff

·
ParrotGod
11,501 Posts
When you run Chrono, have you trying running a race? Did the cars count lap?
If Chrono does not see the dongle, it will shut down, but just to double check that the dongle is working properly I would still run a race and check if it sees cars and count laps.

·
Greg Gaub
17,056 Posts
Security programs often do strange and inexplicable things. It wouldn't be the first time one interfered with the proper functionality of slot car software.
But yeah, SUPER weird that it works for Chrono but won't connect to anything in Bootloader.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Have you tried updating with DFU? (with the mobile). First you have to download the firmware from the slot.it page. Recently, two mates from the club bought two second hand SCP3 and they had version 3.12 (or something like that) an old version, there was no way to connect to anything until I tried it with DFU. I also had to call the former owner to delete it from his application (the same thing happened with the chips) because having it in his account did not allow him to do anything with them

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hi Malafama,
Thanks for this hint. Yes, I updated my controller to 3.16f via iOS-slot.it app. I updated my type C decoders (3 pieces) also to the last firmware version via iOS slot.it app. The chips and the controller are new, I registered them, so I think it should work. But it doesn't.
I wrote an email to @Slot.it ([email protected]) today. I'm curious to hear their response.

·
Registered
327 Posts
OKAY. So.... what is the problem you have? Can't install the dongle?

Whenever I install the dongle, I make sure in device manñager that the signature is correct. Take a look at the photo....

sorry but with the google translate I miss some things

Blue Rectangle Handwriting Font Parallel

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can install the dongle and I have installed the dongle successfully. The dongle works with Chrono.
The dongle can be connected via Bootloader.

But I don't get connection between Bootloader and my controller (SCP-3, 3.16f) and I don't get connection between Bootloader and the car decoder type C (3 pieces) with current O2-firmware.
When I push the "connect"-button in Bootloader, the extra window opens and tells me what to do. I did this but there was no connection (the red line was turning and turning and turning...). And I tried a lot!

Connection between Bootloader and controller/cars is my problem.

·
Greg Gaub
17,056 Posts
I don't think this scenario has ever happened to anyone before. At least, not that I've heard about.
Once the dongle is installed and updated, and the software is installed and runs properly, firmware is up to date all around, devices are registered, etc... this works.

Just to confirm the following:
1. You have registered and updated the firmware in the chips using the slot.it app.
2. You have registered and updated the firmware in the controller using the slot.it app.
3. You can run Chrono, and initiate a race, and it counts laps, and allows you to influence the car such as with a speed limit, etc.

Have you downloaded RCSO2 and tried that? I wonder if it might report any error that will help us get to the bottom of this issue.
Unfortunately, since this is the first time this issue has been known to happen, it might take some time to figure out the problem and come up with a solution. I hope that you will continue to be patient.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for your support, your support and your patience, Mr. F.

Just to confirm the following:
1. You have registered and updated the firmware in the chips using the slot.it app.
2. You have registered and updated the firmware in the controller using the slot.it app.
3. You can run Chrono, and initiate a race, and it counts laps, and allows you to influence the car such as with a speed limit, etc.
Yes to all points.

Have you downloaded RCSO2 and tried that?
Good idea, I will do this and come up with the results or error report. But I might not be able to try it out before Sunday.

I hope that you will continue to be patient.
It pisses me off when I can't get something to work. Therefore, I will persistently stay on it. I thank you and all the others here in the forum for the great support. I hope we can work this out together.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I tried the installation of O2-software again.

I recovered my backup - so I had clean system with out any O2 software and drivers.

System PC Win11 Pro 64bit 21H2

1) I uninstalled my GDATA Antivirus
2) I installed the certificate of the driver
3) I put the dongle in.
4) Com3 -> I updated the drivers in the device manager
5) result
Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

6) I installed Bootloader
7) Restart
8) I started Bootloader - dongle was found - no connection with SCP-3 (no car on the track)
SCP-3 can be connected with slot.it app (I tried before), SCP-3 is activated, latest firmware is installed, see picture.
Brown Orange Font Material property Screenshot
Gadget Font Engineering Machine Electronic device

9) Chrono installed
10) Restart
11) Chrono: Connection and race possible
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Slope

12) RCS O2 installed (Upgrading of National Instruments system components during installation)
13) Restart
14) RCS O2: Connection and SCP-3 Throttle is recognized (voll speed = "100" in last column).
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

No error report by Chrono oder RCS O2

15) started Bootloader again, no connection possible
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Operating system

Why didn't I update this dongle?
Because my other dongle I updated at the beginning of the test does work anymore. The updated one is also seen in Bootloader, Chrono and RCS. With Bootloader no connection possilble (like with my 3.10); but in Chrono und RCS there is also no connection with the SCP-3 and cars, so I cannot race with 3.12. So I am affraid, that my second dongle (3.10) would also brake if I update it.
I tried to downgrade the broken one, but dongle doesn't work with firmware either. So I will not touch the 3.10 dongle which works with Chrono and RCS O2.

I started Bootloader without and with Admin-rights (right click - start with Admin rights). Same effect no connection to SCP-3 or a car.

EDIT: While I try to connect Bootloader with SCP-3 or car, the dongle does not flash both LEDs light up constantly.
Before I try to connect, the dongle flashes red.
After I press "STOP Search for Device", the dongle lights constantly and the smal Windows circle is truning, no action in Bootloader is possible for a long time. Then a message popsup.
Communication with dongle is left.
Does this error report help?

@Minardi or someone else any ideas?

BR
Fluff

·
ParrotGod
11,501 Posts
You are using Windows 11, I am not sure if anyone has used/tested the bootloader on this operating system.
Also, you are not the first to report that the dongle stops working after upgrading the firmware. I think you want to return that to slot.it for a check.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi
Sorry to hear about your problems.
Its not easy to make a generic complex system simple but we did try...

My thought is that the dongle FW version 3.10 does not support the new SCP3 and the newest chip(c-chip). As I recall(I might be wrong) the 3.10 FW is from before the SCP3 and CHIP-C is made.
I have to test my self by downgrade my dongle to 3.10 and test.
I have heard a few times that the dongle does not work after an update. Its really odd as I have downgraded upgraded etc. thousands times and I have newer broken any dongle.
It might be due to replacement of components due to obsolete parts the Dongle not behave as it should. But this is just a thought. I am pretty sure Slot.it will help you solve this issue, they always are.

I might be able to test the 3.10 FW later today but no promises...

Martin(The bad programmer of the bootloader)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi Again.
I just tested with Dongle FW version 3.10. I can connect, but not all data shown there is correct like FW version.

But I had no problem, I also verified that I have the same info in the slot.it app.

Its very odd that you can use RCS and Crono.
I have two idea's.

1: I dont think its the case, I have never tried it on windows 11, I dont have acces to such one.

2: Most like, a hardware failure. If possible to get this verified is to test it on another PC(Win10).

Martin

1 - 20 of 26 Posts