SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi Ferrari 550

Some time back I bought a Bugatti from the Radtrax sale and on recieving it I decided to fit a 60's Scalex RX motor I had. I had rewound it and remagnetised it as it was burnt out. The motor fitted into the Bugatti with no extra work.

I then decided to give the front end a little bit of sideways roll to take the stiffness out of it by trimming the sides of the front axle mount in the body. This gave the front wheels about 5-7mm side rock. The car drives a dream, it has beautifully controlled drift and clean pull out of corners. The RX motor being quite heavy, is just right for most tracks.

As and when the new Scalex vintage F1's come out, I hope they are realistic from the point of track/ground clearance and don't have too powerful a motor in them. I think something like an NC1 is ample. I am sure, too, that the driver figures will be more suitable than those of the recent past. A simple trick like moving the drivers head makes all the difference to the presentation of a model.

The pictures below are of an A2M W196 I built up using an SCX RX41 motor with a 10z pinnion and a 27z contrate. It also drives very well and has no vices or bad habits. Being a resin body I expected it to drag its heels a bit but the SCX motor has plenty of low down grunt and pulls it very well. I also moved the drivers head for effect.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Some great shots and great cars EM. I notice you haven't stuck to the one type of motor.

Wixwacing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.