SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
"Getting into cars like that must add a whole new dimension to slot car racing and collecting."

Well, yes, it does! I'm surprised more people are not aware of Mac Pinches' fantastic line of vintage F1 resin bodies. He offers several cars from the 30s -- Mercs, Auto Unions, Alfas & Masers, as well as newer models from the 50s -- Talbot Lago, BRM V16, Ferrari 375, Maser 4CLT and I hear, the Lancia D50, Merc 196 and Ferrari Squalo soon to come. These are very fine body kits with cast metal details and are reasonabley priced. They are a bit heavier than plastic, but look absolutely great when broadsliding around corners -- no magnets of course! Check out Mark Gussin's site for pix (http://www.mgussin.freeuk.com/).

For me, the 1950s epitomize auto racing -- for both open-wheeled and sports cars. Great, easily recognizable, powerful machines being wrested around by manly men. Makes modern computer-controlled cars seem cookie-cutter and sterile.

mp

·
Registered
168 Posts
The only pictures of my work I have at the moment are posted on the first Marconi Proxy Race website (http://electricdreams.freeservers.com/photo.html). There were lots of very nice cars at this race, including some of Mac's originals. My own contribution was the 1939 Italian Batmobile Streamliner, which, while not open-wheeled, competed in the monoposto class.

mp

·
Registered
168 Posts
Holy Manoli Al,

What is that TSRF mill doing in the 375? Your driver must really be hairy-chested to drive that beast. Seems like you would lay rubber every time you squeeze the trigger, or toss the tires off the rims completely. Most of my vintage machines use a Rabbit or milder motor and they sometimes seem over-powered. Or does the 1/4 thick brass chassis keep things under control? Looks VERY nice, BTW.

mp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.