Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been battling away in the background for a few months now resolving a supply issue. In the end I had to set up my own vacuum chamber and pressure pot to enable me to produce my own bodyshells. Here are the results.

G.

DB4 GT road/competition.

DB4 series 3.

DB4 series 4 Vantage.

DB4 GT Le Mans 1959.

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Lovely stuff Graham, my order will be shortly. We need to get behind the 'cottage industries' like Graham's, with times getting tougher, its harder for these guys to keep going.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Great work, totally agree with ferraif40 but I have too big a to do list to buy at the moment

lMaybe you should send a press release as our Lords and Modsters on here say they will print them on the main portal page

so hold the front page for GP Miniatures

Roger.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Great work, totally agree with ferraif40 but I have too big a to do list to buy at the moment

Maybe you should send a press release as our Lords and Modsters on here say they will print them on the main portal page

so hold the front page for GP Miniatures

Roger.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Grahams slot building skills really are second to none... I reckon one of the major manufacturers should take him on designing new cars.
Cheers
Kev

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there Graham.. Excellent cars as usual, great work....

I will place an order for one of your DB4 series 3 roadcars and a set of wheels, very soon..

Its going to jump the queue of all the other projects I have on my "to do" list.

Looking forward to building such a quality resin model. Just cant decide on the colour to paint it...

Speak to you soon..

All the best.. Martin.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
stunning results Graham.
im sure David Brown would approve.

·
Circuit Owner
5,889 Posts
QUOTE (zagato @ 30 Jul 2012, 20:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ade, i'm pretty sure he'd have me in court if he was still alive!

G.

This will open can of worms I am sure but as far as I can tell design rights have a duration of 25 years after initial design registration. This would make the design of the cars OK for you to reproduce. Brands are protected for longer as are model names. So I am sure David Brown's ghost is keen to stop you calling your excellent models Aston Martin and using the model names. But you could not be stopped from producing your models and calling them something else.

In practice - low volume producers of replicas of long-out-of-production cars tend not to be enough of a bother for a manufacturer to attack. However, growing success and an insistence on using a brand name that is still in commercial use today would inevitably attract a lawsuit.

Here is a link that informed my view - but I am not a lawyer and am not offering advice to be relied on in court!!!

Clickme

Beautiful, beautiful models by the way. I have always loved the old Astons and I think anybody producing this quality of work as a tribute to classic cars should be encouraged and sponsored by the manufacturers not prosecuted.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With all due respect we've been over this aspect many times now. I contacted Aston Martin Lagonda when I first started out, mainly to see if I could get their approval. The guy I spoke to seemed pretty clueless, but didnt offer any resistance to what I was proposing. The only stipulation he put forward was that I was not to advertise them as genuine AM products.

G.

·
Circuit Owner
5,889 Posts
Apologies. I did search Slotforum for "Design Rights" and the only thing that came up was a discussion on reproducing tracks. It wasn't my intention to go over old ground.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Graham,

I know you have had to put a lot of work into these to get them in production but we are still waiting out here because they are such beautiful models.

Cheers

Mel

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi Graham

I have heard from Dave Capelan about your excellent creations and being a lover of Astons, your DB4 looks great.

Any idea of a price yet or have I missed that somewhere please? Our club run scratch builds which are not my forte, but might be tempted by your DB4.

I have a Slot Classic (395/400) built AM DB4 GT Zagato, VEV 2, painstakingly built by a very good friend of mine that is pride of my collection and although it has been around a track, I don't really want to spoil the hard work spent by my friend wrecking it, so your offering might be an answer.

I have a contact at AML in a chap called Chris Devallancey that I have made several contacts with in the past over paint codes as I wanted the correct shade of green for my Zagato if of any use to you? By the way (Almond Green - Du Pont code AST 1339) as on the DBR1 fyi.

Cheers

Chris

1 - 20 of 21 Posts