SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
dammit that is very nice! I was going to avoid getting this 1 cos the 1:1s looked similar, but this looks different! (in a good way)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I fail to see the difference apart from the blue Underpan and the "Team Spirit" logo's filling in the blank spaces of the R23?

Ahh winglets...

Bugger me can't they produce F1's of real significance? (hint: Villeneuve Snr, Stewart, Lauda)

Don't get me wrorg Alonso is a fine driver...

Jamie

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Jamie I know what you mean about old cars, but I think this is the first F1 car of any significance... in Spain.

To be fair, the air box profile is new - not sure about the side pods - and I will be buying a Trulli version.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
If you don't like the 1:1s, fair enough. But if you do, this looks like the best yet. A completely new mold, not just a relivery. The first mold of any manufacturer to do justice to the curl under of the side pods, and nice other details elsewhere. And a better livery than the one with blanks.

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
QUOTE (astro @ 3 Dec 2004, 20:19)If you don't like the 1:1s, fair enough. But if you do, this looks like the best yet. A completely new mold, not just a relivery. The first mold of any manufacturer to do justice to the curl under of the side pods, and nice other details elsewhere. And a better livery than the one with blanks.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I Concur. 100%

Steve

·
Registered
571 Posts
QUOTE I fail to see the difference apart from the blue Underpan and the "Team Spirit" logo's filling in the blank spaces of the R23?

Oh come on guys!

New front wing
New rear wing
New bardge boards
TOTALLY new bodywork - Sidepod profile, winglets, chimneys, vents, etc, etc,
TOTALLY new chassis
TOTALLY new tampo

This car is a completely new car compared to the R23. Well done Scalextric it is beautiful, their best F1 yet!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Just been looking closer at the photos. Does anybody else think that the tyres have a lightly more rounded profle at the edges than before?

They seem to look more realistic than the square edged things on my existing cars. What do you think?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Very nice! Looks like I might have to get into modern F1 slotracing too, I'm a nutter for the 1:1's but I've thought the slot ones were too plain before. Now this is something, I just wish they would do proper tampo printing on the helmets too. I mean that is such an important part in getting the detail look right, I do a bit of detailing on all my LMP cars in this area and it makes such a difference.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
well spotted on the tyres! The current front wheels have 4 grooves, these have 5 (or maybe 6, can't quite tell cos of the lighting), so its definately a new tyre.

PS - I am so looking forwards to the scalextric ferrari F1 after seeing this!!!!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Oh yeah the Ferrari! Can't wait for that.....

I believe the 2005 Ferrari launch has been delayed and the car may not race until the 5th race of the season. Will this give Scalextric enough time to get their version out next year or will they opt for this years car?

Plus what about the Williams?

Things are looking good on the F1 front at the moment.

·
Registered
238 Posts
That looks stunning to me. I'm not an F1 nut (although I do watch all the grand prix) but I think this could well be my first single seater purchase.

·
MG Brown
559 Posts
I wish that the "Team Spirit" logos had been left off as they did with the R23.

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts

Not sure about blank vs. Team Spirit. I added the Mild Seven decals to the previous car, but that added nearly 1/3 more to the cost of the car.

Question: would I have paid £40 for a fully liveried from Hornby? Probably not, but that's logic* for you.

*Logic - an unemotional state of mind to be avoided by grown men spending money on toys cars.

·
MG Brown
559 Posts
QUOTE (astro @ 6 Dec 2004, 19:08)why? Thats the livery that raced in silverstone and other non ciggie countries
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The R24 ran at Silverstone and Magny-Cours in "Jarno Trulli - 7" and "Fernando Alonso - 8" livery.

As far as I know the "Team Spirit" livery was only used on the R24 for a demonstation run in Lyon France in September.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts