SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SCX (Spanish Scalextric) have just released a Seat Cupra GT.

This model is only released in Spain but available from Spanish retailers and those retailers who import them over. This would add a bit more diversity to the GT line-up!

SCX seem to have a big tie in with Seat, now having produced the Leon, Toledo and rumours of a Toledo GT.

Under its hood it has the rx-42 which is supposed to be a bit faster than the normal SCX rx-41 and is the motor that comes with the Dome Judds. Presume it also has the same tilting axle motor pod.

I'm tempted just because it will be unusual.

Matt

Photo courtesy of sphobbies.com (their logo emblazoned on the photo is a bit of a giveaway!)

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
Concept car = fantasy car = no sale to little me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
QUOTE (Wankel Ickx @ 8 Jul 2004, 12:37)Concept car = fantasy car = no sale to little me.
Wait for the Spanish GT Championship one. It will arrive soon.

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
If it is to be modelled on a real race car I'm interested!.

Foroslot are you saying that sCX will release a model of the car that is running in the Spanish GT Championship?

Nuro...nothing wrong with SCX cars...the Domes are little crackers.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
111 Posts
This may be blasphemy, but, forget the slot version. I wish I could get the 1:1 here in the USA! I think the Seat versions are currently the best looking ones in the Volkswagen group.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Does anybody know how much 32 euros is in £?

If its cheap enough, looks like a good investment for GT at North Staffs

Chris

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
Can't believe that Nuro ain't got no SCX! Tsch, tsch, tsch.

Stand corrected on the fantasy thing. If I like the look of the livery then I could be persuaded but overall the look of the beast reminds me of that Bugatti that also leaves me a bit cold.

One euro is roughly 67p, making your figure around £21.44

Sheesh, now I'm doing public service announcements.

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
QUOTE Sheesh, now I'm doing public service announcements.

Yes, keep at it and soon you'll be qualified as a Walmart greeter!

...ooops... prob a North Am joke...

·
Registered
158 Posts
[Under its hood it has the rx-42 which is supposed to be a bit faster than the normal SCX rx-41 and is the motor that comes with the Dome Judds]

My Dome came with a RX-62C. It is longer than the Turbo pro but not nearly as fast.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I don't know why the big rush to bounce the motors around. Fast is fast. Maybe it's just me, but outside of cost, why do the motors change so much unless they were just bad motors? Why not focus on overall quality?

...I know, that's another thread. No response necessary. No thread-jacking.

-Maltese

1 - 20 of 39 Posts