SlotForum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Stuart Walters
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
The family and I have decided to move house, meaning this track will not be finished and will need to be destroyed. I would like to announce that I don't get enjoyment out of this even though this is second time I will have to do this.

Any how, here are some pics of where its at before I go nuts with the jig saw:

And here is the next section awaiting the green stuff:

And 1 last overall:

We are looking for a bigger house with a garage so another routed track will be on the cards, this 1 will definitely be semi permanent!

Thanks for looking in

·
Tel
4,169 Posts
'Tis a shame, more so that I never got to race there

But this time you have to tell her, no moving for minimum of 6 years as part of the deal, and you are allowed to start on the new track within a month of moving

If you need any help with the next one, I'll be glad to contribute were I can
many hands make light work and all that

·
Ian
99 Posts
Stuart,
Every cloud has a silver lining, I'll send you a box for those cliff faces you can ship them up here so they don't go to waste. I could never create something that pretty.
But then there's the next one! It's bound to be better there is always something that you feel you can improve on, and let's face it even though you haven't managed to complete this one, it is the build process that is as much fun as racing well almost! And you've had fun doing it I know I've had fun following it on here.
And I can't wait to see the next develop I keep saying you should move "up north" will you be getting any closer?

·
Lars Ole
1,640 Posts
it's a downright disaster I think.

I know I'll love the next one as well, but right now it's sad news

:-(

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Stuart, You must feel like that tree in the pictures ? Look at the bright side, there has been so many times that I thought, If I could do It over...You have the opportunity, again..Practice makes perfect.

Hope all ends up well for you and the family and we hope to read from you in the near future.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Aw Stu, that's a real shame mate... I would have loved to have seen this one nearing completion.
Your work is increadible mate, I hope you are able to start a new track soon, I'll follow it closely!

All the best with the move,
Dick

Oh yeah... what moulds do you have, as the profile would suit my track much more than the ones I've got.
I'm thinking of ripping them off as I'm not happy with them.....

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Just a thought, but if you have to take a saw to the track, can you not cut it into sections and move the sections to your new home? I thought I read that you cut the track in sections to begin with so maybe cut along the joins on the scenery and cart it away.

Would be a shame to chuck the excellent work you have done to date.

Best of luck.
Cheers!

Gordon

·
Stuart Walters
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Agghhh.....I've been without SF for nearly 4 days!

Thanks for your input gents

r3Ko...thanks mate, we've had 3 viewings so far and they have all been totally amazed at it, not enough to buy the house though

Tel......noted and thanks, I've got just the job in mind

Ian.....I really like the build process, especially stepping back and saying 'I did that'. I also loved the anticipation of not knowing how it will run until the copper tape is layed! The rock faces are well and truly suck in place, I don't think I could dismantle without breaking them up! Unfortunately we're intending to move further south but still in the same area.

PSRRFH...Your track is huge inspiration for my next, no doubt I will continually be popping back to it to steel some ideas

Marcel..Yer I do feel a bit like that tree!! The next track will be semi permanent in routed sections. It will be predominantly analogue but a digi swap out section or 2 are on the cards. Hope the family are well

Bill....Thanks for the kind words, I've learned so much from your threads, hopefully I'll be able to complete a track 1 day and if it was half as good as your builds I would be very pleased.

gokartride..Good point, as mentioned above the next one will be semi permanent!!!!!

Dick....thanks mate. I'm a big fan of your tracks too, I think we have simlarish styles. Regarding the moulds, i don't think it would be worth posting them as there's not that many, but if we lived near by it would be worth dropping them round and race a few laps....does that make sense? I will keep them and use them on the next track. I got the mould from here a link Bill put out in his Targa thread. The moulds are excellent and some are huge, mine takes 3.5 pints of plaster to fill!!!!!! They are based in the USA but he posts internationally and is very reasonably priced. The moulds will last your modeling life time. Give them a try.

sealevel...I have thought about this. The scenery is also attached to the wall meaning a lot of it will break up when I move it, the same mistake I made with my 1st track (link in my signature). The way I have built the track and supports I think it would be easier and quicker to start again. I also built this track to fit a very awkward room which is how I like to design my tracks. All though it will be a shame to destroy this one, I will get the pleasure of building the next.

Thanks again and I will update on destruction day

·
Stuart Walters
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Thanks gents. I have yet to rip it up, trying to put it off as long as possible!

We haven't sold yet, the whole buying/selling process is so slow, especially in the current economic climate. Keeping fingers crossed though that we will have moved before Christmas and our wedding in Febuary.

I'm very keen to scratch build chassis's in 1/32 and 1/24 so my next track will incorporate both scales. I'm planning for a fast track with little but good quality scenery that will be built in modules so I can dismantle or extend.

Thanks for the comments again

Stuart

61 - 77 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.