SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took the magnet out and run it, like all new cars it will need looking at closely and setting up. Nothing special out of the box but I know well it goes because Julian at our club had one for a while now and it will stomp on any other Slt.it car.

Colour looks the same in the Photo's, everything screwed down needs loosening of, pod body and I need to fit the guide provided before I really teat it. Comes with easy made braids.

Another win from Slot.it

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Car looks very nice and very "Sparatan". A few questions from newbie. How can you upgrade a car like this or increase its performance? Everything looks good already. Can you increase the size of rear wheels, that pinion is already almost touching the tyre? Do you need to replace the tyres/wheels at all? What kind of bearings are used? Why is it recommended by producer to replace the pickup?

Thank you.

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
QUOTE (h0ndre @ 28 Apr 2012, 16:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Car looks very nice and very "Sparatan". A few questions from newbie. How can you upgrade a car like this or increase its performance? Everything looks good already. Can you increase the size of rear wheels, that pinion is already almost touching the tyre? Do you need to replace the tyres/wheels at all? What kind of bearings are used? Why is it recommended by producer to replace the pickup?

Thank you.

Hi

You can do loads... firstly wheel dia depends on what surface you run on... if you are going to run on wood then these would be too big then you will want to true them down, also if this was on plastic they are probably about right, the lower centre of gravity the better.

The pinion is indeed almost touching the wheels, but you can see that the pinion can be moved in about 1.5-2mm and still mesh with the gearing properly.

You can buy better motors gearing lighter wheels if you like and Different compound tyres etc, you can spend 120-150 quid on one of these

The pick-up is recommended to be changed as they have completely revolutionised a different pickup with this , the one the car comes with this is the first version as such of this revolution... the reason they tell you to change is because they found an issue with it (which i believe is something to do with it twisting round 180 degrees and snapping.. that has been rectified on the latest update of the pick-up (i hope)

Lee

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
120-150 quid! On what?? You are pretty limited on what motor you can use as I thinnk only the slimline boxer fits under that body unless you buy the white kit with a higher rear end - you could change the tyres and gears I suppose but unless you buy three Lolas I think I would struggle to spend that much!

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
Car
mag wheels 10
air wheels 10
hollow axle 5
independant front axle 5
Front tyres 5
rear tyres 6
Braids 4
guide wire 5
eyelets 2-3
motor mount 7
motor 15
lightweight interior 5
weight if you need it 5
suspension 5
light pinion 5
light gearing 8
bearings for front axle 2
aftermarket screws 5

Sure there is things i have missed .... but yeah about.... 150 right there

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Thanks everyone for explanation.

Well, I really like how this car looks so I just ordered it (£42)

plus

Starter Kit 09 (Anglewinder Z32, Pinion Z12, large hubs) (£15)
Slick Tyres 20 X 12 P2 Compound (£6)
Slick Tyres 20 X 12 S1 Compound (£6)
SISP12 Digital Conversion Chip For Scalextric (£15)

I'll see how that works.

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
If you don't have anything you have to buy a pack of screws , 5 quid for some tungsten you will get 5-6 cars out it but you need to get it in the first place

Its not just for one car the consumables . You don't have to spend that much , do what you like

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To be honest, I'm only going to put 15's on the back and true down the fronts, gear I don't know yet but I'm sure I have plenty rolling round my pit box. As I can't race it anywhere at the moment i.e. it's not listed in any of our rules or in the SIC then it will just be used at home and practice on our new track.

Good looking car and very light.

P

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
QUOTE (Flange @ 28 Apr 2012, 17:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Car
mag wheels 10
air wheels 10
hollow axle 5
independant front axle 5
Front tyres 5
rear tyres 6
Braids 4
guide wire 5
eyelets 2-3
motor mount 7
motor 15
lightweight interior 5
weight if you need it 5
suspension 5
light pinion 5
light gearing 8
bearings for front axle 2
aftermarket screws 5

Sure there is things i have missed .... but yeah about.... 150 right there

You missed a few items off the list.

Plain White body kit €20
Chassis €6
Postage from Italy €15
Tamiya "Italian" red paint £6
Look on face whilst trying to assemble aforementioned body...priceless!

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
QUOTE (Number 27 @ 29 Apr 2012, 22:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You missed a few items off the list.

Plain White body kit €20
Chassis €6
Postage from Italy €15
Tamiya "Italian" red paint £6
Look on face whilst trying to assemble aforementioned body...priceless!

Cheers for that!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.