SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

Just wondering what people have been using to partner the Lister Storm by scalextric.

I tend to buy 4 types of the cars (eg 4 opels or 4 f1 cars) due to a 4 lane setup i have.

Just wondering what people are using to partner the Lister. I am very interested in the Viper by fly which every1 seems to have, is this a nice match up?

Any feedback welcomed!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
The Scalextric Lola is a nice one to run with it, or other styles of LMP cars such as the Spirit Dallara, or Reynard I guess. The SCX Audi and Dome Judd, or the Fly Lola. There are many cars that will go well with it, I run without mags, so with a bit of tuning anything will run well with it
(I've even made my Carrera Bentley fast enough!!!) . And I guess the same applies to mags really, just not my bag
I have the new Oreca viper and the Lister Storm LMP, but I havent't had a chance to run them against eachother yet since my track is packed up since may
. But I will build a track very soon, after my exam on wednesday probably
, and I'll give you an update then if you want.

Toby

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks i like the idea of the bently from le-mans, i think i might give that a purchase, and i was looking at the Lola's

i might wait until the 05 catalogue is out for scalextric to see if they plan to do any more?

As for the update on the viper vs the Lister that would be great!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I must warn you of the Carrera Bentley though, it took a lot of work to get it up to speed. It's quite heavy (acceleration and breaking suffers), and it is not in the same league as the Lister in the looks departement either. But it's the only LeMans Bentley out there...
. I just wish someone else would make the 03 LeMans winning Bentley too. I think it would sell very well to say the least!

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Scaley MG Lola, any LMP by Spirit (Reynard, Lola, Dallara etc), the Fly Viper should be fine. If you are intrested in a bit of building, Pendle have a Ferrari 550 kit using a fly venturi chassis. I just finished mine and its great, should be good against the lister. SCX Audi R8 and also the Domes would also be good partners.

My suggestions if you want a 2003 Le Mans grid:
SCX Audi R8 (Team GOH - White/Grey)
Scalextric TVR T400 (DeWalt - Yellow/Black)
SCX Dome (Racing for Holland - White/Black)

RE Bentley, I have taken all the polarity mechanisms and the adjustable mag out of mine, so it is just the guide running wires to the motor. Allthough still heavy, its much lighter and should be a good partner for the lister as long as your circuit isn't big enough to eek out big gaps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts