SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Chaps,
I have not seen anyone else ask this question, so it may only bother me !!

Is it possible to change the volume of the sound samples in SSDC? I find if I set the Murray Walker ones about right, some of the others seem very very quiet. This is mainly a problem trying to hear when you need to refuel.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Martin

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Chaps,
Thanks very much for the replys, sorry I am late answering I have been buisy working late.

I usually run with the speech calling out the driver's name ie "Martin you are running out of fuel" but the start sample of Murray Walker is much louder so it was difficult to hear your name called, when set at a comfortable level for Mr Walker.

To try to overcome this is to put in the name as "Martin Martin Martin" then it says " Martin Martin Martin you are running out of fuel" which is more noticable in the heat of battle !

I have recorded my own sounds as well, and I use these. For example I have recorded my own "Fastest Lap" one, as I found the original was too long. I was wondering if it is possible to add a volume control to each sample for the user to change ( values 1 to 10 possibly) like you can in some computer games. Then the user could set what they would like.

Thanks Andy very much for trying to balance the relative volumes, I hope to have play at the weekend.

If anyone is interested in making thier own samples, I used Audacity which is free recording studio software.
Cheers Martin

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Andy,
You said you have reduced the WAV files by 6dB. To take advantage of this modification, do I just re download the latest version from the SSDC website ?
Thanks again for all your help.
Cheers Martin

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Skot,

And anyone else interested, I recorded my son saying "Fastest Lap" onto the computer, and saved it in music as a .wav file.

Then I opened SSDC and pressed Tools, then Options, then Sounds. Then chose Custom and located the file.

I hope this helps.

Cheers Martin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts