Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says really... Can anyone recommend any *GOOD* Spanish online retailers?

Preferably with someone on staff who has a smattering of English
(All my Spanish comes from reading slot car boxes!
)

-Rob

·
Registered
21 Posts
i've never bought from spain but have looked round a few websites.

one thing i found is that the 'online shopping experience' doesn't seem as good as it does with most uk retailers. one major site doesn't accept credit cards (except through paypal and you have to pay a surcharge) and the other one i looked at doesn't even mention payment methods or shipping charges.

whilst the potential is there to save money, you want to be careful as it could end up costing you more than you think.

it would be interesting to hear your experiences if you buy from spain, or what results others have had.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
I would second what mrblue says. Take SPHobbies for example, they for now, only accept orders by email, impose surcharges for purchases with credit cards and charge quite allot for transport. It ends up the same only with potentialy more problems with after-sales-service etc.

If anybody has any better contacts, please share.

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE I would second what mrblue says. Take SPHobbies for example, they for now, only accept orders by email, impose surcharges for purchases with credit cards and charge quite allot for transport. It ends up the same only with potentialy more problems with after-sales-service etc.

funnily enough i was talking about sphobbies but wasn't sure if i should name them.

there was a post the other day pointing out how cheap sphobbies were. i did some sums and if you were to buy 3 cars from them you would save about 60p compared to one of the main uk retailers. is it worth it?

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Better idea is to get a cheap flight to Barcelona and go buy in person. You'll make savings, have fun and get a bit of duty free too.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
QUOTE (mrblue @ 6 Aug 2004, 15:20)funnily enough i was talking about sphobbies but wasn't sure if i should name them.
There is nothing wrong at all with SPHobbies. In fact they are very fast off the mark with new cars. We bought a Fly GT-40 from them so as to scoop a review. Look here. I think the average Joe might get a little lost with their methods though.

Sorry Joe, no offence

·
Registered
197 Posts
Let me recommend you another online shop: Evotec. Mateo speaks english, he will be glad to assist you in any question. Keep in mind that he is one of the best slot driver in our country, so he really knows what he buys. On the other side, Aloy shop is very cheap but I don't know if Pep speaks english.

If you want to visit sites, look for another post where you can find most of shops in Barcelona.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts