SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Recently we had a racing session using Scaley Trans Am cars. On a four lane track, in one race we had the #1 Revson Mustang, the #6 and #9 Penske Camaros and my Hybrid Carrera/Scalex AAR 'Cuda.

Anyone spot the problem here? Yup, they are all almost identical shades of blue. We put coloured dots on the roofs to match the lanes which made it easier for the track marshall, but at speed it was easy to lose track of who's car was who's.

Has anyone got a solution?

One thought I did have is that it would be nice to buy cars that are meant to be raced (the Fly racing series as an example) with a spare body or two thrown in for an alternate livery.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Hornby kits. White plastic and with identical body mounts to the RTR cars. I've been using a Mustang kit as the shell on one of my club racing cars.

Although strangely enough I painted it blue as well before I knew the Revson one was due for release! Small world...

Coop

·
Registered
150 Posts
We had a similar situation in one of the club nights. The class of the race was SCX 2WD and there were 4 identical Dome Judds!! The only difference being was that some of the head/tail lights worked and some didn't. Mine wasn't too bad cause the head lights flash rather then being lit constantly!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all.

I still think it might be a good suggestion to Fly with their rac series to package a kit with an extra body, sort of like a home and away strip for slot cars.

Funnily I had a spare White Mustang body left over from the 'Cuda project. Must dig it out, paint it dayglo pink and insist any Revson 'Stang owners swap it over.

Maybe I'll make them wear my daughters pink fairy wings as well

Cheers

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts