Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is my attempt at a "Frankenstein" Super Cuc - hence the name Frankie !
Body made by - Raynoda -- nice job I may add Ray ! Paint is by me , and I used old Pactra pinstripes .
Motor is a Mabuchi 36D , and made for BZ -- it is the BZ 1000 motor - you will find this motor in the BZ Banshee .
Chassis - is by Classic Industries , but not from their Thingie models .
Rear wheels and tyres are Rannalli . The axels and rear bushes are by Classic industries .
Front wheels are Riggen . Could be a spare set I had for my Riggen Mach1
The Guide is Dynamic , and has a guitar pickup rubber spacer made by Fender on the pole .The Crown Gear is by Parma .
The pinion gear , I found it on a Revell motor I had , so not too sure on that one .
How does it go ? Well , if I don't add a piece of rubber between the body and chassis - it doesn't go ? As soon
as I do this adjustment , the car goes great . The rear wheels are slightly oversize for the body , but if I place
smaller wheels on the chassis , there is not enough clearance . Any other bits and pieces Thingies out there ?
Would be great to view some . Zig

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention - the centre black and white stripes are Classic Industries . Paint used is Tamiya PS made especially for polycarbonates - colour is Raybrig Blue . The roof is again painted with Tamiya PS , and the colour is Bright Silver , which is a metallic paint . The Tamiya PS paints are very easy to use , however , take care when using for the first time , as they do hold a lot of pressure , so spray from a distance . Make sure the body to be sprayed , is free of silicone, dust and fingerprints ! This paint dries very quickly , and any masking tape , can be removed within an hour of spraying . Apply several coats of this paint , and continue to spray until you are satisfied with coverage - and remember , spray from a distance , otherwise you may get paint runs ! Zig

·
R.E.F.
1,672 Posts
Hey Zig,

Nice job on the SuperCuc, like you paint scheme and choice of frame/motor/tires/very inspiring
Did you try thinner tires up front ? One thing about the SuperCuc is: the canopy is big enough to stuff any size motor under the hood. When I get caught up on things, I'll have to post some SuperCuc's here!

i-ray

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah , thanks Ray and Al for comments . Yes Ray , I agree re: front wheels , they were a set of wheels in the chassis box , so I just stuck them on to complete the job . I will sort through my wheel box , and find a suitable set for sure , as the chassis is high on the front end - you certainly spotted that ! Can't get away with anything these days . You are so right , any size motor can fit under your Super Cuc canopy ! I do like the BZ 1000 motor , and this one I inserted was a NOS motor , which I had incase my BZ Banshee lunched its motor . I tested this Super Cuc against my BZ Banshee , and despite having a high front end , it left it behind . Possibly because it's lighter , as the BZ Banshee has a chromed steel chassis , and the Super Cuc has a very light Classic aluminium chassis , and a fresher motor .

Yes Al , I am sure Edo has spotted the Parma crown gear already ! He blasted me before about them - Haha !!! But you know what , I think they are ok ! Not brilliant and as smooth as some , but they do the job ---- just the colour is a giveaway , immediate identification ! I should have dyed it as Jairus does ! Zig

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I built this Cuk for Ralph Klose for one of our proxies back in 2006. Well... maybe I did it for his wife.
Anyway, it did okay if I remember right but not nearly close to the winner.

Nice little "Classic Cuk" you got there. Tall gearing tho. Have you run it yet?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jairus - that is a great take on the Cuc - nice job indeed ! Wish I had your talent ! Are there any other original or customized Cucs out there ? Pics would be great !!!! Ray - you should be able to add a pic or 2 !!!! Zig

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Different front wheels added ! There you are Ray , as per your keen eye , I have added narrow front wheels , to balance the car better ! I am not 100% sure , but I think they are also Rannalli wheels , could be wrong ! They do look like BZ front wheels , but I compared both , and these are smaller , both the rim and tyre are smaller than the BZ wheels ! Zig

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Ray ! Lookin' good ! Like the colour also 1 zig

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like that Edo - Pink dirt - haha ! But you know what, I had the feeling you would comment on the Parma crown gear ! Don't you think it adds a bit of spice to the chassis ? The pink does colour match the blue of the body , and I am big on colour co-ordination ! Next time I use a Parma crown gear , I will blur the rear end of the car , like they do on TV when people don't want to be recognised - but most likely , you will still pick it , you probably have a decoder or something like that ! Zig

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
jairus, i cant work out what the double swivel points do, on the wheels and middle point of the chassis, or the slip joint on the front spindle. would you like to explain it to me[brain fade this morning]. john

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Hi Stoner and Jairus - these are Iso Fulcrum cars , hope it helps ! --- Left is the La Cucaracha by Cox (USA ) , and right is the Mini Can Am by Mini Dream Car (Italy ) .
Apart from those in the original Thingie cars of the late 60s - I think the only other is the Super Cuc - but it has running gear the same as the original Cuc pictured. Zig

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Z , my Riggen Special has the brass pan chassis ! Was that JAD Gator chassis an option on the Special ? Zig

1 - 20 of 28 Posts