SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Again guys,
Has any one had any dealings with this company,i have been trying for weeks to get in touch with them but i am beginning to think they have closed up,i got a email last week asking what parts i wanted i replyed but i might as well not of bothered.So does anyone know of some where that sells parts for the older spanish cars?Please help.
Regards.
David.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yes, Slotmania is active, and their stock of Spanish Scalextric parts has no match, as far as I know, especially if you want plastic, not resin, parts. Probably Alexis is right and English is part of the problem. Anyway, I have no problem in stopping by at the store on my way (walking) to work next week, it's on my path. Just e-mail me the details of your order and I will ask them about, if you want.

Eduardo Casas-Alvero

·
Registered
97 Posts
what a nice guy what more could you ask for friends across the sea and all that wish there was more people like that in this world

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi Eduardo

Like David,i have tried emailing this company also,but as yet have not received a reply.

I would be in need of some parts also.

And would pay you for your time if you could get me them.

I would imaging there is a lot of people wanting spares for the spanish cars here in the UK.

Thanks Tim

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Eduardo,
Thankyou very much for offering to go and ask about the parts i am after,i got an email from them last monday for payment for the parts i wanted so i sent the payment by paypal but i have not heard anything sence if you could call in and ask about my order i would be very greatful,give them a gee up if you need my full nameand adress let me know and i will pm you the information.
Thankyou,
David.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
The issue might be that only one of the store owners uses email (the son I think).
I've been lucky with ordering but less lucky when I went there as only the father was in!
AMAZING shop that everyone should know about.

Andi

·
Phil Smith
2,626 Posts
When I was going to Barcelona two or three times a year for swapmeets (alas no more) I nearly always tried to get to Slotmania for some parts, but it was nearly always shut.
It was shut so often we re-christened it 'Shutmania' !

But when it was open, fantastic, everything you would ever need for Exin cars

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hi folks. I have visited Slotmania this morning and had a talk with the guy at charge. David, your order was on their desktop at the moment, so you should receive your parts in a short while. They seem glad to attend foreign orders and promised to do that in a reasonable amount of time. According what I have been told, after receiving your e-mail order, they send to you a Paypal invoice; once it is paid, they ship the stuff in 2 or 3 days. Hope all will work this way from now on,

Eduardo Casas-Alvero

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Eduardo,
Many thanks for doing that for me,they sent me an email saying my order had been sent so i am putting that down to your visit,they seem to carry a lot of parts and it's a shame they dont have a shopping cart like phil smiths it would make life more easer for anyone wanting parts and also maybe get them a lot more customers,but anyway we will see what happens with this order but if you dont mind Eduardo i will hang on to your post in case i need more help in the futher
Regards,
David.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Guys,
Received my order this morning all is well they even put a few extras in which i thought was very nice of them,so i will use them again when more parts are needed,but its good to know there is friends who will step inand help if they can.
Cheers Guys,
Regards,
David.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Seeing those spare parts and not being able to order them - it's like mental cruelty for slotters !

It strikes me that there is an untapped source of funds for Slotmania if only they had a permanent way of dealing with English-only speaking customers. Or is it an opportunity for someone to step in on a percentage commission basis ? Perhaps they are "doing just fine" without the extra business?

I have pasted their "how to pay" section translated in Google Translate but I am still missing something....

I get that I can email an order, but I'm not gonna email my card details to anyone and how do you pay them by Paypal, it doesn't say? and does "You can pay your order once you receive your order" mean cash on delivery ?

Can I send out a request to those people with experience of buying from them via email - how did you pay, what is a process that works ? - please tell.....

How to buy
- By e-mail to [email protected]
We have no shopping cart so you must send a list of the products you want to buy.
- Call us at 93 4548686 phone (in our regular schedule).
- In a letter to PO Box 29079 CP 08080 Barcelona.

How to pay
- You can pay your order once you receive your order (on delivery form through Post).
- By credit card (you can give us the digits of it by telephone, e-mail us [email protected]).
- Performing a bank transfer account number (which previously have that to apply by mail ([email protected]). Or by phone at 93 4548686 (in our regular schedule)).
- Paypal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Again,
The process i used to get the parts was,first i had to find out if it was the correct place i was sending to,they sent me an email which took about 2weeks for them to answer asking me what parts i required,so i sent a list of the parts and ref numbers to them another week pasted then i received an email asking me for a payment through paypal,and without thinking about i sent the payment then i paniced,but a week later the parts arrived it seams to be the system they use and i was glad to get the parts an they did put some extras in my order so i was happy .But as yousay there is bound to be a better way if they had a shopping basket like other places may be the moderators of this site could get in touch with them and set somthing up for members of the forum,just a thought.
worth a look at.
Regards,
David.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I never knew about this shop until now...thanks for the thread duplakit.

Amazed at the prices for wheel hubs and such compared to what UK internet shops are asking. RX motor brushes 10 for 20 EUROS? back here in rip-off Britain Scalextric-Car-Restorations among others are wanting £9.99 for a PAIR!!!, scandalous.

Can anyone tell me what their postage charges are like to U.K.?

Thanks again duplakit

Billy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Billy,
To be honnest with you i think the postage charges is about 8 or 9 euros i wasnt realy interested in how much the postage was i was only to glad to get the parts,they sell loads of parts for all the older spanish cars have you found your way around the site sign up for ther news letter they send some good offers.And dont panic if it takes your order a week or so to get here after you have paid for it.
Regards,
David.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hi,

There are also many other shops in Barcelona selling cars and spares parts.

Palau is one of them, with 1 shop specialized in slot cars and other 2 or 3 shops also selling cars and parts (together with other hobby products, such as trains, plastic kits).

And Cric Crac, in Igualada (70 or 80 kms from Barcelona), which is just an enormous shop with thousands of slot car products.

http://www.criccrac.com/marcas.php

So, you have together one of the most beautiful and pleasant cities in the world and some 10 or more shops selling slot cars and spare parts.
Food and wine are also first class.

André Acker.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That sounds very nice i think i can see the summer hols being somwhere in that area i wonder would the wife twig on if i statred going to all the slot shops,worth a thought
cheers for that keep the info comming,have you had any parts from any of the other shops?
Cheers,
David.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Andre,
Just hada look at that cric crac site a lot of useful stuff on there thanks for that have you got the web address of any of the other shops you said about?
Cheers,
David.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts