SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
OnTracks have 79 different cars at a flat price of £20
Mostly, but not all, Fly and definitely well worth a look.
On entering the site, click on Slot Cars ,
then click on the Panoz Pic - Slot Cars for 20 pounds

OnTracks is a less well-known UK supplier and always worth keeping an eye on.
Add them to your favourites - you can never have too many sources!
A while ago, I had a post deleted at SCI for publicising this very same information -completely silly as there is no possibility of UK dealers having any significant effect on USA dealer's sales.

Aren't you pleased you joined the independent SlotForum !

·
DT
5,195 Posts
QUOTE (Tropi @ 1 Oct 2003, 08:57 PM)Aren't you pleased you joined the independent SlotForum !
I'm very pleased and 1 Corvette, 1 Marcos and 1 Challenger richer!

Thanks for the link.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
That's that thing by Scaley allowing you to race yourself. It comes with a Merc pacecar, but I'm hoping with a little advice from Swiss that I'll be able to do a transplant into a Dodge or a Corvette.

·
Registered
39 Posts
QUOTE Great pricing if only they were located in Canada. 45.00CAd is a good price for a Fly Vette and Viper however I wonder what the shipping would be to Edmonton(T5A4K5)

I'm from Quebec, Canada and I have ordered cars from OnTracks. Very good prices, fast shipping and good follow-up on online sales (emails and all).

The good news is that the shipping cost is always only 1£ for international orders. The bad news is that for that to happen, they don't deduct the VAT, other vendors do deduct the VAT. But their prices are often lower that what the price minus VAT would be elsewhere. So, it's a winner for international customers.

BUT keep in mind that the taxes are to be paid at the arrival of packages in Canada. OnTracks declares the real value. Others UK vendors that I like very much lower the value on the customs form. That means a lot of savings for us Canadians.

BUT (and that's a big one), the OnTracks packaging is minimal. No bubble wrap inside the crystal case and only one layer of bubble wrap outside the crystal case. So, cracks on the cases are almost a sure thing and if the car comes loose in the crystal case, you are looking at a potential mess.

I told them about it but can't tell you if they corrected the situation.

Conclusion:
OnTracks has really good prices but their packaging is somewhat disappointing. As a Canadian, I like to keep my options open and I buy cars from a lot of UK and Australian vendors (Pendle, ScaleModels, MRE, OnTracks, ScalexWorld, etc.). I don't really buy cars from the USA because of the high prices and sloooowwww shipping. In Canada, there is SlotRacer that's worth looking at for some things.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
QUOTE (Tropi @ 1 Oct 2003, 11:44 PM)We know what it IS!
But did you manage to actually get one, or just pre-order?
This is NEWS!!!!!!!!
Well it might be, depending on what you say!

They didn't say if it was pre-order or not. The price was quite good though. About $10 cheaper than other placed that I had seen it.

I'll let you know when it comes

One gripe: The little Corvette that I thought that I'd get was on their site, but not in stock. Seeing as Fly won't make any more, I don't quite see the point in keeping it in the shop site. They took my order, but only the next day emailed me saying that it was unavailable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts