SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
To operate the speed test function simplt install 2 LEDs 800 mm apart, run program.

Rick

·
Greg Gaub
15,365 Posts
Can you include more information for those who aren't "in the loop?"
Was there a more complete description of this elsewhere that I missed? If so, please direct me there, as this concept intrigues me.
If not, then these are some of the questions that immediately spring to mind:

Where is the test app? Is that something you send out, or is it on the web site?
Does this require the use of a Lane Brain?
Is the LED spacing the same as for lap counting or lane changing, or does one need to set up a lane brain specifically for speed testing?
If the spacing is not the same as for other functions, is there a way to reconfigure the test app so that any installed lane brain can be used for speed testing?
If a lane brain is not required, what is the best way to power the LEDs, and what kind of LEDs should they be?

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 18 Aug 2011, 10:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can you include more information for those who aren't "in the loop?"
Was there a more complete description of this elsewhere that I missed? If so, please direct me there, as this concept intrigues me.
If not, then these are some of the questions that immediately spring to mind:

Where is the test app? Is that something you send out, or is it on the web site?
Does this require the use of a Lane Brain?
Is the LED spacing the same as for lap counting or lane changing, or does one need to set up a lane brain specifically for speed testing?
If the spacing is not the same as for other functions, is there a way to reconfigure the test app so that any installed lane brain can be used for speed testing?
If a lane brain is not required, what is the best way to power the LEDs, and what kind of LEDs should they be?

Greg,
Thanks for raising these questions.

The program is in the LB2V2 file emailed to those who requested it. It should be on the website by Monday regardless.
Yes the function requires one Lane Brain.
Yes needs to be set up specifically for speed test, although if you had AC LEDs leftover these could be used, ie AC beacon installed 800mm prior to LC beacon, LB reconfigured temporarily to do the test then the AC beacon removed and LB reconfigured back to its prior state.
Note any 2 LEDs can be used in any order.

Rick

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes that's not hard but it's only an average speed and jams the screen up. I'm going for the simple uncluttered screen look.

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.