SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its one of those things you only ever do once, unfortunatley I did it on a limited Edition twin set from Spirit...

I bought this set a couple of months ago from Pendle, both cars have been around my home circuit only a few times...

I then thought I'd check out the running gear and subsequently removed the chassis from the No.12 car of Sam Posey and Tony Adamowicz (3rd Le mans 1971) after checking it out I replaced the chassis not realising of the three screws that hold it in place one is shorter. Of course there is a reason for this and that is to prevent the screw piercing the front of the car which it did....

I've touched it up but could do with further attention. This set however is now a constant reminder
of my crime against slot cars and has to go. Both the cars which represent the 3rd and 4th placed cars at Le mans 1971 are in excellent/as new condition (apart from the above incident with the No.12 car). I'm open to offers for the boxed set, or the individual cars. If anyones interested please email at [email protected]

·
Registered
549 Posts
@MAF - Don't panic, I have a new body coming from the manufacturer for you. Email me with your name and address details and I will send it on.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Aaron,

A new body top
, thank you so much

I have sent you an email with my details and would like to say again thank you so much for doing this for me. I certainly appreciate the extra mile you've gone to on this and for taking the time to sort it out for me. Great

Best regards,
Marlon.

·
David Moss
461 Posts
Nice to see that there are still people around that will help you out, just for the sake of being 'a good guy'. Full round of applause to Aaron.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I don't know really what to say but this arrived for me in post today...

as promised by Aaron, a new body top, but not only a body top, the complete car!!

Thank you to Aaron, Gaugemaster, and, Spirit so much for saving me from my blunder allowing me to enjoy this great set again.

PS. I promise the screwdriver won't be allowed anywhere near this one

·
Alan Tadd
4,038 Posts
Well Done Aaron, above and beyond the call of duty once again.

Great cars Marlon, glad you got your set back in one piece.

Anyone interested in a Review of these cars can click Here, written by an old Fa**, but take a look around the rest of Gaugemasters site will your there. Well worth it.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
He`s a good lad that Aaron, the rumours about him wearing womens clothes still need to be looked at but he`s a top lad

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Don't feel bad.

I've screwed through the body countless times... but then, I couldn't give a ****e so long as it doesn't go any slower...

McLaren

·
Registered
446 Posts
Why can't everybody be like that. If they were, you'd get people taking advantage of them by saying they had wrecked their car and wanted a new one but hadn't even got the car in the first place.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.