Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just announced from Spirit are the first two releases of their 'Racing' series. The first model will be available in Yellow or White (SOT200309Y & SPT200309W respectively) at an rrp of only £36.95. They are also releasing a whole host of spares and upgrades for these models, and these special parts will also fit the standard Reynard models so you can upgrade your current model to racing specification.

Details
Motor: 26.000 rpm at 12 v. (short box)
Wheels:Aluminium with screw fix to axle.
Axles:Stainless steel hollow tube.
Crown: Plastic & aluminium from 23 tooth to 31 tooth available, with screw fix to axle.
Pinion: Brass from 7 tooth to 11 tooth available
Tyres: new soft compound ( as Fly racing tyres)
Chassis: New extra-light chassis with 3 possible motor support:Short box, long box( as Ninco nc3/5 or Fly Evo 2) or SCX motor.
Cockpit: New detailed lexan cockpit.

In the words of the manufacturers, "The new Reynard is incredible for magnetic racing and also the great chance to beat the Slot.it Audi for non-magnetic races."

I will arrange a proper review as soon as my sample car arrives with me.

Aaron

·
Alan Tadd
4,029 Posts
Excellent Aaron. Should be a nice car, especially in non mag form. The set screw wheels are very welcome.

Regards

Alan

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Wow!

Will go (should?) with the Fly Lola, damn the list gets bigger faster than it shrinks

Got a time frame for the race cars and the spares Aaron please?
Those wheels look suspiciously like NSR stuff, if so they will run sweet especially if the rest of the running gear is also NSR.

For those not familiar with NSR - watch this space.

If you can't wait - take a surf over to HERE

Their Controller range looks interesting - I want to know how the tractio ncontrol option works

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
Just in time for my birthday in 2 weeks. I'm well up for this kind of slot car, especially purpose built for racing and with NO magnet. It will be interesting to see how it performs against the Fly racers.

M

·
Registered
86 Posts
QUOTE (Swissracer @ 14 May 2004, 12:01)Their Controller range looks interesting - I want to know how the tractio ncontrol option works

Hi Swiss,

I got the NSR controller with traction control option.
Well, while I really like the NSR controllers, (very smooth viper, excellent brake control, etc.) IMHO the traction control is useless; I mean, I cannot see any difference with the sensitivity control; more likely I'm missing something, but the result is just the same acting with the sensitivity or the traction knobs...

I'd like to know more, too!

Ciao
Otello

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
At least the driver is looking vaguely ahead rather than up, that should be worth a few seconds a lap on its own.

Scott

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
Can't get all worked up over a no livery 'racing' issue - some kinda contradiction in my book - and I'm no speed crazed moron, so it's another pass for me and Spirit.

I can get excited about set screws as standard and under forty notes. Well done someone.

I'd use the clappy smiley but I hate it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts