Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I'm having a problem with my Spirit Lola, the problem is a common one and that is the guide blade isn't sitting far enough in the slot. The extra problem is that I don't want to grind half the underside away to make this happen, also this is my only Spirit car meaning that I don't know the brand at all, and it seems that the wiring to the guide blade and braids isn't my favourite set up.

any help as always would be amazing any ideas, or thoughts would also be great.

Just has a few bits of extra information I am using Ninco track, and the track itself is not totally level, and its not a permanent track either.

Many Thanks in advance.

Athrlyth

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Any chance of a photo or two???? ....

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Try a slot-it deep guide-I think it's SICH07. I don't know what the guide set-up is like on a Spirit Lola, but the Slot-it guide fits most types.
TED....

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
QUOTE (athrlyth @ 4 Oct 2012, 17:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry Gregk I'm not a privileged user so cant post photo's.

Athrlyth

Neither am I but I can post pictures just copy the picture URL and click on the picture icon in advanced reply.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Do you wish to extend the guide or just have existing one sit lower in the slot? If the latter add spacers to the guide post between the chassis and guide.

Allan

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Hi Guys

Thanks for all your input I now have some great ideas to try out which will keep me busy for a while.

Alexis this is a brilliant idea and I might give this a go,
and hope my skills match your explanation on how the job should be done.

Alan the problem is the car de-slots so I would like to make the guide paddle sit deeper into the track slot.

Greg Thanks for that information I guess its time I played around a bit and found how to post pictures.

Thanks to everyone else who as contributed.

Athrlyth

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Hi Arth

Try running the car without any front tyres, and see if that helps. If it does, just fit some low profile (skinny) front tyres

I used to race one of these cars on Ninco track (very bumpy) and never changed the guide blade. I suspect changing the thick tyres that come with the car will solve your issue

You should also slacken the body screws so that it rocks a little on the chassis.

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi LMP and thank you for the information, I will try and loosen the screws a little tomorrow. and see if that helps. I have tried the car on a spare piece of track and the guide looks to be well into the slot, so I am wondering if the problem is more likely to be the front of the car hitting the track and so lifting the guide out of the slot. I will have another look tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions.

Athrlyth

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Hi LMP and thank you for the information, I will try and loosen the screws a little tomorrow. and see if that helps. I have tried the car on a spare piece of track and the guide looks to be well into the slot, so I am wondering if the problem is more likely to be the front of the car hitting the track and so lifting the guide out of the slot. I will have another look tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions.

Athrlyth

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi All, and especially LMP. I did loosen off the screws on the Lola and its amazing the difference this as made in fact it can now at last keep up with most of the other cars. Brilliant thank you all so much.

Athrlyth

1 - 15 of 15 Posts