SlotForum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Excellent review!
After reading this I want to continue buying 1/32-cars - even if I moved more to 1/24 a while ago because most of the other releases in the small scale have been so boring!

But which cars might compete with this little monster? Any ideas? Purchasing 4 identic cars and repaint 3 of them might be a solution
but the paint looks so nice...

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Conpetition for the 1:1 version came from the Lancia Delta S4 and Audi Quatro S1, which are both made by Teamslot in resin. I don't know how well the slot versions will match up performance wise to the Spirit. There was also a small Mazda hatchback with a turbo 1600 engine and 4wd which also raced then, but I don't remember the actual model and I have never seen a model of it.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Because of this review I bought one from Pendle.
Im NOT disappointed

It can beat my sligtly modified Ninca Subaru out of the box.
Now, I have changed the wheels and tires to something better, and added some weight in the front, to keep it down.
I look forward to do some laps on my fathers track, just before (and after) the big christmasdinner tonight.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
GOOD DAMN

This car just performes like a rocket with some new wheels, Z0 as fronttires and P3 on the rear.

G

·
another good tuning tip is to remove the two drive belts and use it in 2WD mode, I have tried this and it is just as good as 4WD if not better!
To help keep the front end planted you can remove the spring that sits at the bottom of the swinging arm and for wooden tracks use a HRS slot.it guide. That said it works very well out of the box.

Have a great Christmas all!

..... and if you have any cars you want to try out after Christmas, Molesey track is open on 30 December from 1pm till late.

Molesey

map location can be found at above link
Phil

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey

Spirit currently have 2 more liveries available;
the '85 Montecarlo as driven by Vatanen in the usual Peugeot livery (white with red and blue flashes)

and the Gauloises livery as driven in the '85 Tour de Corse.

These are in addition to the stunning street version

My next purchase will either be the Gauloises 205 T16 or the new Ninco Supra, in Denso Sard colours

Hope it helps

DAVE

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for the reply,that helps a lot
Any pic,s of the Gauloses t16
Are they going to ship them to
North America?

reel55

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey

I searched high and low for a picture of the Gauloises livery, that I could post. No luck. However, just go on to Pendle's site, Spirit, and they have a pic at the bottom of the Spirit cars page.

Very nice!

I don't know anything about North America shipping, but i'm sure Pendle deliver to there

Pendle

Hope it helps

DAVE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts