SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spirit fk 180: Looked up the motor rpms' at 12 volts, less than 22k. Less than the slot it flat 6R at 12volts!!! Full details and link to the site on our club forum on the website. Thanks Gary

·
Registered
430 Posts
what did i miss last night mate ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The opinion is that the motor is rated at 24 k, which it is at 14.9 v, but at 12v which NSR and slot it are qouted at the Spirit runs at less than 22 k, I don't want to swap it out as its within the guidelines. No doubt this will rumble on for a few weeks yet, Nigel is bringing a tacho which will prove it either way.

·
Registered
430 Posts
ahh that old chest nut a couple of years ago nearly everyone at the club brought a pug 406 we thought it was best to let them run with there original motors to save money just for a season even tho are motor limit for saloons was 22k i didnt know that the motor was rated at less then 22k at 12v so i dont see a problem with it but i dont understand why someone would want to run a horribley unrefined unpredictable motor such as that ....jimbo

·
Registered
430 Posts
lord knows john but i see that motor as a disavantage not an advantage i dont rate them at all slot it / nsr / scaleauto / ninco are motors i rate its all about smoothness for saloons

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
So far I have never raced more than a 21k motor. I always look at the torque figures. Much better guide I think and I like Scaleauto motors the best

·
Kevin Golloghly
2,204 Posts
Guess what? Im keeping out of this debate. Been here before

G

·
The motor in a Spirit Peugeot 406 is virtually the same as the "XXX". We run them at GT Raceway at 14 volts and they are very good.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
What does the rule book say?

The FK180 is used by many manufacturers and all rate it at well above 12000rpm. In my experience, when clubs quote an rpm figure that usually mean the rated one, which is why you often see rules saying wrappers may not be removed....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts