SlotForum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about these suckers?

I like the look of them and fancy getting one, but haven't seen them listed anywhere except for Aloy shop in Spain. Have they not been released in Britain yet? Or are not not going to be released at all?

Cheers guys

McLaren

PS. Found somewhere that sells the Reprotec Nissan 390 finally, Slotbug .

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Why on earth would you want a Reprotec Nissan when the Slot.It one is just around the corner?????

·
Registered
446 Posts
They look very much like an Audi but not the R8C from Slot IT model. On Channel 4 in the mornings on a Sunday, there is a program about an LM team in a Audi and this looks similar to it-anyone seen it?

·
Registered
446 Posts

They look similar except for the rear intakes behind the driver, spoiler is not 2 parts and middle nose ends nearer the front of the car.

G

·
Well worth getting!

I used a Dellara (standard version) at Woking for the London GT, my quickest lap time was a 7.04 and I have had under 7 seconds with it. Should think this race version should go even quicker!

I will post pictures from the meeting soon, sorry if I put all of you off with the flash, those racing at the time!

Phil

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
I hope those LMP's get the superb livery of the car in the first picture of LMP04's first link. That really does look good. It would be nice if it would be able to beat the Fly Panoz LMP.

From 'Taxi's' website there are a few pics of his black Playstation 2 liveried Dallara LMP: Dallara Taxi please PM me if you dont want me to use a link to your website in my post.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone care to answer my questions though?

@ Phil - It was you and Mark who inspired me to get one of these. But why get the same one as you, when I could just get a better one?

@ Swiss - Can I get both?

McLaren

·
Registered
446 Posts
McLaren: I dont know anything about Reprotec but I think that the Slot It R390's would be more detailed, have a better performance and there would be a wider range of liveries. And if you want to get a better one then do, but these racing liveries from Fly/Spirit all look a bit garish and childish.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What?

You say you know nothing about Reprotec, but say that they won't be as good as the Slot.It's... What have you based your opinion on?

"And if you want to get a better one then do, but these racing liveries from Fly/Spirit all look a bit garish and childish."

Thank you for your permission, I will get one. Who cares if they look childish (how can you look childish?), so long as they are fast?

McLaren

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Mr Max, if you are not too worried about the weight increase, you can always paint the racing versions yourself:

(Fly racing Saleen GTR - originally in dayglow pale blue)

·
Registered
543 Posts
the 'racer' Dallara LMP is very much similar to the 'racer' Reynard 2KQ. hollow axles, ball bearings etc. lots of tuner parts avaialable.

unless the nissan r390 is a must have wait for the slot-it version.

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
'Merlin' Runs a Reprotech R390 in our GT1 class alongside the Slot.It Audis and the ProSlot Toyotas. Hes put a ProSlot motor and and some Slot.It running gear in and it keeps up fine. Just FYI.

Stupidly large rear wing though

·
Registered
238 Posts
QUOTE (MR MAX @ 29 Oct 2004, 17:34)Brightly coloured slot cars arent very realistic-how many in real life do you see on the track? To add to LMP04's post, GS have a new Fly Viper and Team Slot Alfa Giulia's in stock.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be honest this range (like Fly's racer range) are for racing and not show. The bright, plain colours allowing for easy recognition of your own car. The scale 'decor' perhaps not being as important as race performance.

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Brightly coloured slot-cars win races because they are race spec'd. You have to understand it from our perspective, we arent going to buy a pretty car if its gonna get trounced on the track.

Theres nothing stopping you from buying the Lista or PS2 car, its the same shape.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts