SlotForum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Giacomo
667 Posts
Hi Sav,
I can spell my experience. I got one of these spirit cars and performance wise they are superb, I could reach the same timing as per the NSR Mosler.

BUT the quality i understood is very uncertain, at least for the lot from my car. My model was of terrible quality! The motor fall off, the shafts were not straight, the shell not simmetric.

So I change a lot of mech components and I had it running like a superstar BUT after few days the guide collar gave up. pparently the quality of the plastic was too brittle. And now it sits in the scrap yeard area.

PS: I am running without magnets

Cheers,
JamieG

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree with Phil.
The Pugs are brilliant - but I found the Lola LMP to be very average. Heavy and slow.
The Ferrari 512Ms are one of my all time favourite slot cars. They can be set up to be a first rate Can Am racer.
And I gave up on the 635s after breaking two chassis's trying to get one running sweet.

Mac

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
the spirit Dalara was the car to have a couple of years ago. and it was low and fast! the B2K were veru nice cirs but always needed TLC........why ow why

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
We race BMW 2002s and 635s at our club (no magnets). Noisy, powerful and uncouth. You have to true the wheels and tyres very carefully, and even then they tend to divorce one another on a regular basis - even when glued. Lots of torque and a baggy fit means things often go wobbly.

There's plenty enough power to deal with putting lead in the chassis, and when they behave themselves they're great fun. Even when they're misbehaving they look lovely.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi,

At my club, there is only 1 way to being competitive, and that's to buy a Spirit Peugeot Silhouette. They are FANTASTIC!

So far I have bought the Elis and the Esso car. There are still a couple in stock at Hotslots132 and Typhoon Slots and Models.

Also note that the Coupe and the Silhouette are different; the Coupe is taller, thinner and has a different rear wing.

Cheers,
thestig514

·
Registered
973 Posts
With Slot.it rears, the Kamei Golf becomes pretty good. Also some of the 936s go really well (I've got the black Martini version). The plastic on the later ones is definitely thinner and lighter. The old Lola B2Ks seemed to either underpowered or too heavy - take your pick - and found their way on to the shelf quite quickly. A pity because they look good (as do almost all of Spirit's other efforts). Have you tried any of the Spanish internet retailers?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No, do not know any...
I must say, Thanks to all that have put something down here.
I'm started out just wanting to know about this make, now I seem hell bent on buying one. MAD. I must have something better to do with my time on this planet. But tried most and slots seem to be it. Still have not bought an NSR....What's my liff coming to???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts