SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know how much you guys wanna see new tracks well, here's the update

This is a cross between a bit of rally / targa -
Came up with the name of SPITENZA (ie : SP - spanish IT italian E england NZ new zealand A australia rally)

OUTSIDE VIEW

LHS

RHS

PLAN

Tomorrow - cut the track and raise and tape (then wire it up
)

·
No1 super guy
1,667 Posts
Nice space you have their

Track plan looks very cool. Routed I take it

This will be one hell of a venue, nice space, great looking track, plenty of wine, and a CASE of Jameson

You Aussie boys sure know how to keep yourselves entertained

Now, I wonder how much a flight to auz is..............

Mike

·
Registered
318 Posts
Miker

Yes rally routed on 3mm MDF
Yes the slot will go right thru
This track will never hit the workbench will be another 3mm off.
Thats only my shed in the backyard 3m x 3m
Plenty of wine & spirits - but not there
inside house
I run a liquor store - boxes came in handy moving house last month.

-----------

The back wall will be a 2.5mt straight over a 1mt viaduct/bridge into a sweeping LH into the Monaco hairpin onto a "highway" with a RH into Farms over a cattle grate thru a splashdown back onto highway with a double LH like the Ocean Rd at Gold Coast onto main straight with a 90deg RH over stone bridge into town with cobblestone negotiating 90deg turns coming out thru tunnel into forested area around and back up and over into a "cliff drive" behind the town up to hairpins to the main level.

Ive designed in this manner so not only use rally class but as well as historics (targa)

The light switches you see on the LHS will be utilised in a new way,
1 will be the MASTER POWER switch for the track
another for the lights on the track
and the others you'll just have to wait and see

·
Gary Skipp
6,659 Posts
Hi lavenlaar

If the design takes up the whole room, where are the drivers standing? If they are in the middle they will not be able to see the whole track due to its shape, and with two drivers racing they will be in each other's line of sight.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (LMP @ 12 Aug 2007, 21:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi lavenlaar

If the design takes up the whole room, where are the drivers standing? If they are in the middle they will not be able to see the whole track due to its shape, and with two drivers racing they will be in each other's line of sight.

@LMP

1 lane rally-style
that was a good point that i actually failed to mention

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
QUOTE The light switches you see on the LHS will be utilised in a new way,
1 will be the MASTER POWER switch for the track
another for the lights on the track
and the others you'll just have to wait and see

Just like a well payed courtesan you show a little skin to entice and then you hit em with the Bill after they are hooked

Looks like this will be a fun one to watch.............I am intrigued!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nice area for a track. I wish I had as much room as you have. Looks like your layout design is going to be fun and very challenging. Please keep us posted of your progress with more pictures. Very very nice!

Brian

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Newest update -

making most of what i can do since outta hospital
went and bought some of these little bulbs , and i want to put 6 in a line - can anyone tell me why when i connect 2 the power drains and going to 6 i get virtually nothing with 12v running thru?

They are going into my tunnel which i have to sort out before the track is laid ontop

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
QUOTE (lavenlaar @ 10 Sep 2007, 09:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>.. went and bought some of these little bulbs , and i want to put 6 in a line - can anyone tell me why when i connect 2 the power drains and going to 6 i get virtually nothing with 12v running thru? ..
You can´t put them *in line* or in *series* because thus you lose power, 12 divided in 6 = 2 volts. Each lead HAS to go to a + and - 12 v to work properly.

Have a long powertap, + and - and connect each lightbulb lead to those. That´s a parallel circuit.

-- ron --

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
The tunnel looks great, better with lights!
Is the tunnel your own construction?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (The Lone Racer @ 12 Sep 2007, 07:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The tunnel looks great, better with lights!
Is the tunnel your own construction?

Yes i built the tunnel apart from the train portals on both sides- they are Noch's o scale double portals - but when i get to the landscaping side, i'll be adding the grass tufts and weeds around them... also painted the inside of the tunnel with a "marble' imitation spray paint which will be on the track as well.
see this pic to get an idea of how it will look on the track
http://www.sanphoeno.com/page.php?page=rallypic&picid=7

cheers - only got out of hospital this week so dragging the chain a little now ..

lavenlaar

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
QUOTE (lavenlaar @ 12 Sep 2007, 07:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes i built the tunnel apart from the train portals on both sides- they are Noch's o scale double portals - but when i get to the landscaping side, i'll be adding the grass tufts and weeds around them... also painted the inside of the tunnel with a "marble' imitation spray paint which will be on the track as well.
see this pic to get an idea of how it will look on the track
http://www.sanphoeno.com/page.php?page=rallypic&picid=7

cheers - only got out of hospital this week so dragging the chain a little now ..

lavenlaar

Thank you for this information, very helpful.
The track surface looks great!

Hope you soon feel up-to-speed after your "release".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.