SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 2 Fly Audi Quattros, which have shaft-driven 4 wheel drive. There's therefore 2 pinions in each car, 4 in total across the two cars. Unfortunately the pinions are made from plastic and 3 out of 4 are split (and this is straight out of the box - top quality components!). To get the cars running properly, I want to replace these with brass.

I therefore have what I hope is a very simple question. I'd thought to replace them with Slot.It brass pinions, but will these fit?

(Apologies id this sounds stupid, but I am fairly clueless
)

Cheers

Don

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting to hear others have had the same problems with Fly's high-quality plastic pinions!

Thanks for all the advice. There seem to be a couple of options. One fairly easy and I guess cheap (better quality plastic pinions), the other more difficult and expensive, but probably worth it. It sounds like 5.5 mm brass pinions could be a good way forward and, loath as I am to avoid trying to bodge it, I think it's time to invest in a pinion puller. Recommendations for a decent value one would be appreciated. This will just be for occasional use, so I don't want to break the bank.

Cheers

Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts