SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't notice until I had split the first piece that the centre line on the underside of the track obviously end up on one side of the cut meaning that the other piece doenst have the support so the track dips.

I measured it at about 5mm, what does everyone else use to pack it out?

·
Registered
612 Posts
That' s something I've come across over the last week as I've tried to make myself a rally track from old scaley track, luckily I have enough track to throw the unsupported track and use another piece cutting the other side for the curves

If you're using scaley classic you can normally get it cheap enough to be able to do that

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,281 Posts
Double skinned cardboard, the type with corrugated
Idle section.

Packing styrofoam, sponge, strips off poster boards, I just use anything that is freely available and fits the gap.

The answer is really more about what you can get your hands on without a massive outlay.

·
Registered
987 Posts
What I do is use hot melt glue to put a fillet of glue either side of the central spar on scaley track. Then I do the cut. If you are accurate and use a steel ruler with luck you can get straight down the centre of the thin black edge. I use a fresh blade of a disposable knife as as you have to have a good edge for each piece. Done it a couple of tomes and it shows black down both sides even if not perfect. Can't do that of course with things like R1's as there is no web, so just use hot melt to build up a support after the cut.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Good old double sided tape and card then you get it to the correct height pretty easily

Or if not get some air drying clay and a flat surface and put it onto of a bit of clay and push it down till its spread out enough then once dry a dab of glue will hold it place

Michael

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Corrugated plastic sheet either buy 5mm sheet or cut some 5mm strips?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts