SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
If those are UK numbers, dare I suggest that they (Scalextric) are perhaps a little optimistic?
These don't grab me by the gonads in quite the same way as the Trans-Ams and are nothing like as trouser tighteningly desirable as the GT40s.
But that's my opinion and I MIGHT be wrong
(damned unlikely though that might seem!)

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Most of the Sports special edition numbers are world wide numbers not just UK.

If the Argos TVR's are anything to go by the new cars should be great!

Did anyone else see the short TV article last night (on the BBC) about the De Walt TVR?

Gareth

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
I think the Vettes will fly off any shelf regardless of geographic location, but the TVRs are definately more defined taste wise, not to mention knowledge of them is alot more limited.
I have to add the light arrangements on the TVRs is really great - If I can get some good pics later I will post them...

·
Registered
714 Posts
The Corvette has a long and honorable history and has experienced several very major transmogrifications on its route to today's sleek incarnations. IMHO, this particular version is one of the least attractive to the average European eye and I too cannot envisage it selling particularly well outside of the USA. The original cars didn't and I honestly can't see the model versions bucking that trend. They WILL sell, of course, just not in the same numbers as Scalextric's previous great successes. Much though it pains me to say it, American cars and models of them have never sold well outside of the USA, with the notable exceptions previously mentioned

I imagine there will be quite a bit of disagreement about this on the boards - I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.