SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly great to see Adam pay us a visit tonight following his discharge from hospital last week - glad you are feeling better and looking forward to you returning to racing soon,

The Sports/Gt is always a fiercely contested class and tonight was no different both in the A & B classes.

Skippy had some cracking races gaining two first places and two seconds. Heat 12 was a real cracker with Skippy fighting for the lead with Richard lap after lap and finally coming a very close second to Richard. Mike had a bad heat where he came third but managed three other heat wins.James who has always been quick in this class was lack luster tonight with only two second places and two thirds - not like him at all. Viv too managed two heat wins, a second and a third place.

Richard was on fire with his NSR Mosler gaining four heat wins. Also using a NSR Mosler, Lyle had two heat wins and two seconds putting him in the B final which he was to win putting him up to the A final. New member Alan just gets better each week and gained three second places and one heat win.

Iain, Tone' and Leon all had varying results but each one couldn't quite achieve the illusive heat win.

John M and Ray had various problems which accounted for the lower finishing positions in the heats.

Alf and Shane, now fiercely competitive between them had fouth and third place finishes but the heat win illuded them too.

The E final was won by Shane from Ray.

The D final Alf won, with Iain second, Shane third ( with a borrowed car from Alf ) and John M fourth.

The C final saw Leon take the win, James second, Tone' third and Alf fourth.

The B final was an all A class car final with Lyle taking the win, Alan second, Leon third and Viv with a blown controller fuse retired in fourth. This was such a pity as Viv was on for a higher placed finish than this.

The A final saw Skippy (NSR Porsche 917) and Richard (NSR Mosler) blast off into the lead leaving Lyle (NSR Mosler) in third and Mike (Slot it Evo Porsche) in fourth. Mike worked his way through the field from lap six up to second place and sat behind Skippy lap after lap until lap 20 when he made a move on the pit straight and passed Skippy to take the win.

The points and place finishes were as follows.

A CLASS.

MIKE 26 pts + 1pt fastest lap of 5.969 sec's just outside the lap record.

SKIPPY 23

RICHARD 21

LYLE 20

ALAN 19

LEON 18

VIV 17

JAMES 16

TONE 15

IAIN 14

B CLASS.

ALF 25 pts + 1pt fastest lap of 6.961 sec's again just outside the lap record.

SHANE 23

John M 21

RAY 20

Thanks to everyone at Presto for making each week at our club really enjoyable, lots of banter and leg pulling but above all else great competitive but clean racing with members always willing to help out our new members, something that hasn't gone un-noticed by Averil and I.

Next week is American Muscle, which probably won't be as clean - I rest my case.

Have a great week and see you next Wednesday.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hi guys
After a few days of power cuts and no internet we are finally up and running.
Another good nights racing and fun, it was good to see Adam back and hopefully he will be racing soon.
See you all in a couple of weeks.
Alf.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Guys

What a cracking nights racing. Still can't believe that I won all four of my heats although the pressure got to me in the final with a couple of offs putting 1st and 2nd place out of reach leaving Mike and Skippy to battle it out for the top spot whilst I fought my own battle with Lyle taking 3rd. Thank you guys for a great race and a great evenings entertainment. See you next week.

Richard

·
Lil' Fella
148 Posts
Hi Ya'll,

Enjoyable racing was had by all, still struggling to climb a few more rungs on the points ladder!!

Mike, thanks for mentioning the cars raced in the finals, as the real racing does. Moslers dominated the scene again.

See you all for the American muscle.

Tone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts