SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out shopping last night and popped into ModelZone (Merry Hill, Dudley) and they had a Revell kit of the Porker 935 in Jagermeister livery and in 1:32 scale. I assume this is a current release and not old stock since the shop is quite new and doesn't seem to stock anything more than a year or so old. Might be a useful nugget of info to the scratch builder.

Coop

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Yes, this is a new release from Revell - picked mine up last week along with their 1/32 D-type Auto Union kit.

I built both these cars from Matchbox kits yonks ago (although the Porsche was in Liqui Molly rather than Jagermeister colours). Unfortunately I no longer have either of those cars and so couldn't say whether or not these new issues are from the same molds. However, if they are I do hope revised versions of the earlier Matchbox Tyrrell P34 and Surtees TS16 kits are in the pipeline too!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi Guys
These cars have been released by Revell Germany. About 18 months ago they released a series of DTMs in 1/32 Audi tt, Merc CLK etc and before that they issued a series of snap fit kits in 1/32 which included Two Lambos, An AC Cobra and a couple of others which escape me at the mo.
The following should be a link to Revell Germany's Cars sector. For the 1/24 fan there is a nice model of the Renault F1 car and the 1977 BMW 320

Revell Germany

A search of some of the European ebays in the kit section often trawls up some of the above mentioned

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
QUOTE Has anyone ever made the Surtees into a slot car, is it be possible?
Jamie, I built one from scratch back in the '70s. The main bodywork of the TS16 is very low and, at that time using a Rikobomb (Atlas type) open frame motor, soon discovered that I had to cheat and make the body much deeper than scale in order to cover everything up. I kept to scale in length and width tho' and the overall effect was quite good.

I think even a current Scalex can motor would be too big requiring the cockpit section to be unprototypically wide. The good news is that one of the new Go/Beardog type mini motors should go in fine.

... and people think 60's cars are hard to do in 1/32...

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Phil Smith pointed out a while back that the Matchbox Surtees is deeply UNDER scale...
I havn't checked mine with the vernier, but it's been in the 'shelved projects' dept. for years since I gave up trying to finagle a motor into it. Now I wonder if it's worth trying a 'reverse VMG' experiment...
No no no. There are too many things in life to ENJOY. If only I could remember what they are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts