612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
S.Q.U.I.R.M.

Saturday QUarterly Invitational Race Meeting

You are ALL* invited to the next CHORC Saturday Race meeting on 15th October

COME ON LET'S SEE SOME NEW FACES
(as well as the old)

Classes:

A.M. F1/Indy - stock Tyco Tyres must be black but can be changed for silicone, sponge or rubber (single compound) and can also be ground down.

Mega G 3 minute finals - For those who've qualified. (Anyone who's attended and entered the 1 minute challenge this year) Same rules as above.

P.M Closed wheel - stock SG+ chassis. Standard back axle/wheels/tyres. Tyres can be superglued in place (advisable) and ground down. 0.420 is a good place to start.

Bodies - any Le Mans/GpC/Prototype 'racing types' that fit using standard mountings, so Sauber Merc's, Jag's, Porsches, Nissan's, Toyota's, Ferrari's, Peugeot's, Chaparrals, Cobra Daytonas, etc. This includes the older AFX open-topped Porsche's and 917's. Resin bodies are allowed.

(No road based cars such as stock bodied Corvettes, Datsun 240/300Z'z, Ferrari Daytonas, etc.)

Doors open 08:30 Entry £5 per head. help yourselves to free tea and coffee all day. (Bring sandwiches, or microwaveable meals.)

Racing starts 10:00 - or earlier if everyone's in place before then.

3 of the 4 3 minute rounds count for finals positions. Everyone gets to run in the a.m and p.m finals.

We have adapters to take 3 pin plugs and convert them to the stereo jack input that we use.

You can run with, without or on half brakes.

Timing is Tomy (although we have been playing around with a PC based system lately)

We do also have Team racing. Doesn't involve any extra racing but groups of 3 represent their areas., their individual results being totalled to give team points.

Anything else? Please ask! Or visit the website

* there is one person (they know who they are) who doesn't get an invite, sorry, it's not me, I'm just trying to promote the event/club as you know

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Paul - you have either changed what the U means yourself, been told to change it, or are unaware it's been changed.

If you are in the dark, I can fill you in on Sunday.

All - Despite not being invited myself I would urge people to give it a try. I have mostly fond memories of my trips in the mid and late nineties up there, it was amazing to find that other people liked the same slot cars as me. With HO's profile much higher now we kind of take that for granted, but back then I was racing mates in my loft and thinking my set up was about as good as it gets.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 2 Sep 2011, 12:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Paul - you have either changed what the U means yourself, been told to change it, or are unaware it's been changed.

If you are in the dark, I can fill you in on Sunday.

That would be unaware as I haven't a clue what you mean

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've just done some research and can see where you are coming from now, I thinks it's quite alright and less thought provoking as it is

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Agreed. The old acronym always made me smile wryly, which was probably not the intention

I never did work out what the previous names, HOSRA and HORACE stood for, and there was one between HORACE and SQUIRM I think, but the details are lost in the mists of time...

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 2 Sep 2011, 15:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...but the details are lost in the mists of time...

"Deane's old!"

Thanks for the invite Paul but I don't think I'm going to be able to make it. Sounds like a good event and it would be good to see video/photos/report afterwards.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Yeah, it happens to us all

Actually, the problem is that Doug and co have not kept records going all the way back. One of things I was very conscious of was making sure EAHORC kept accurate records for everything from the very beginning, in case it should last and become a success.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts