SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Rob
3,430 Posts

I've just finished these and I'm quite proud of the way they've turned out! I haven't painted any model figures for a few years so I was pleased to get a reasonable result with these. The models are excellent, only needed a quick clean up to get rid of some 'flash' and I'll definitely be getting some more.

There's some more pics and a few of my track (work in progress!!!) here

Rob

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I like the paint job and I like the web site.

When I designed those figures I had F1 in mind but always believed they could represent GT pit crew too....and you have proved that. Excellent

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the encouragement guys.

@ Gunther - the blue thingies are hand painted squares, supposed to look like sponsors badges, not quite right yet.

@Jonny - your design? Wow!
I was amazed at the quality - much better than some of the (higher priced) 1/35th military that I've done in the past. Brilliant job mate.

Rob

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Cheers Rob.I`ve just handed the latest bits I`ve designed to srapaul. A work bench complete with telephone, socket set, pliers,welders mask etc, mechanics roller trolley, large tool boxes,tyre changing machine, jacks, HPPA containers and trolley and fuel rig. These are generic and should fit in nicely with any pit building, especialy the SRA ones

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Dunno mate, best pm srapaul for details and price. tell him I said to sort you out a mega discount, he`ll enjoy that
Tyre walls in realistic style are next, big blocks of quick to paint tyre walls for straights and curves

·
Registered
72 Posts
Great painting!

As far as the new accessory packs with workbench, toolboxes, etc, etc are concerned, the production moulds are still to be made before the production of the items can begin - all very imminent! Pricing is still to be determined and is a factor of the weight of pewter in the sets. Watch here for more details!

Regards,
Paul

·
John Roche
4,240 Posts
QUOTE weight of pewter

Hi Paul,

I was just wondering why you use pewter instead of plastic or resin.

Also, will the barriers be made out of a soft material that won't damage paint etc

John

·
Registered
72 Posts
The level of detail that can be economically obtained with pewter is greater than with other materials. The other factor is the weight of the figure makes it more stable than a lighter plastic one and hence less likely to be knocked over accidentally. There is also the important element of volume of production: resin casting is very time-consuming and the moulds have a more limited lifespan, whilst pewter casting can be done much more speedily. If you want smaller quantities, then resin is OK (that is what the SRA buildings are made from), but for larger high-quality volumes pewter is the material of choice.

If you want figures for a diorama display and don't want to paint them, we will very soon be offering polished pewter versions of the current range (which currently stands at 88 different design figures! - by far the largest range available!). Those people who have seen the test figures have been amazed at the finish and overall effect - I will try to get some photos soon!

The material to be used for the tyre walls is still a secret, but, rest assured, it will not be pewter!

Paul

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the response, Paul.
Can you keep us informed when you get prices and release dates sorted?

And Jonny, keep reminding him about that discount!!!!

I've posted a mini-review here. Unfortunately I didn't think to take ant photos during painting - maybe next time!

Rob

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
New parts are in the mould making process. Should be along very soon.

I`m working on rally type scenics such as dry stone walls, gates etc to run alongside your rally tracks and also realistic trees and tree bases so that you can get model railway type trees to stand up and withstand a crash impact!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts