SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......... or was it all just some kind of strange dream..........that SRA will be adding "realistic" tyre walls to their already excellent range of trackside accessories ?

I am sure I read it here somewhere, but cant find the thread.

It would be great if they do so and the sooner the better

Looking forward to some confirmation or denial from Jonny

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Yes they are on the way...honest. I should have the designs completed by next week.

I have just completed a set of pit garage accessories to include tool chests, overhead monitior, work bench complete with telephone,welders mask,vice,pliers and socket set, engine hoist and tyre changing gear,mechanics trolley board, HPPA bottles and trolley,lollipop, two types of jack,spare engine,fuel bowser (F1 type) etc.

I`m now working on a light weight F 1 car in metal. Why? Because I`m sick of the club F 1 cars getting trashed and I need a modern lookin generic car that doesn`t need a license to produce and you can paint and decal up as your favourite car. The wings are metal as is the body and the chassis.

The tyre barriers are going to be made in light weight resin with curved and straight versions in blocks of three deep tyres. Two versions. One is just the plain tyres the other is tyres plus the sheeted covering. Accurate and less of a ball ache to paint.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Bloody hell that sounds quite fabulous! Oh - I was actually thinking of the tool stuff etc. My 7 year old needs me to do a sculpted layour including pits & by crikey it's tough finding things like this to use. How did you go about it (or better do you flog the stuff so I can make it my Wife/accountant's problem!
)

aCTUALLY READING THE (sorry - problem with my fingers
) Actually reading the thing further I like the idea of metal cars - I have a 2 year old that has decided he is a slotcar guru (and is faster over 3-4 laps than the 7yo) but when he gets distracted... SPLAT!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Cheers for asking the question and showing the interest. Now I`ve opened my mouth here I`ll have to get the over time in to get them finished!
Paul will advertise the release as soon as the production moulds are made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts