SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wanted to share some pics with you of my track here in Stockholm. I moved here a year & 4 months ago and built a two lane sport track: 3.6M x 2M

Although the track is more for racing than modelling & scenery I wanted to get some more atmosphere into the track. With the a potential house move on the horizon i also am curbing my 'landscaping' desire as i am sure i will have to rip the track up at the end of the year.
Any how I'm having fun and after some turf, concrete, fencing, plant life and spectators the raceway is a great place 'be'

From the 'helicopter window'...

Back of the pit garage

R2 turn before the pitlane

First two trees are planted (more planned...)

El cheapo spectator stands (cheesey, i know!) but good enough when they blur past during racing

Next i will 'plant' more trees (just waiting for them to arrive in post), add the emergency services, service vehicles and better painted marshals/track officals.
More to follow - thanks for looking

·
Registered
290 Posts
looks great so far very effective well done dont worry if you have to rip it up down the line im on my 3rd track in about a year due to mo es n the misses allowing more room but each one is getting better in regards track desigvn and scenery ive learnt a lot from my mistakes and from reading tips n others ideas on here plus theres always something else you want to add in to make it that bit better so it never really ends ..... well done so far keep us posted

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice track 16s.....But tell me, What are your thoughts on running with out magents on the cars?? Do you think this may cuase some damage to the scenery due to the cars coming off a lot more often.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dont start Laup99 you'll see at christmas how good it is to be running without magnets. Just make sure you bring enough cars!

I think you should also bring Camaro if you have one...?

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (16s @ 16 Aug 2007, 19:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dont start Laup99 you'll see at christmas how good it is to be running without magnets. Just make sure you bring enough cars!

I think you should also bring Camaro if you have one...?

I'll work on it....have to sort the TVR first!!!! with out Magnets

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
NIce variation of a well used plan. Go for the scenery. It is good practice for the next one.

TIleguy - He had to cut the tree down as it was blocking the view of the corner. It was growing up through the table you know.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (Tileguy @ 20 Aug 2007, 13:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looking good....I'm curious though...................Whats with the Tree trunk (birch??) Do you have a plan for this.....Or is it just a large paperweight??

..yes very swedish...When my friend came over to visit last September to race we needed something quick to mount a light bulb on(for the infra-red track lap sensors). The birch stump was the first thing to hand. I quite like it
so i havent "upgraded" yet for a light bridge....

Since my last post i have had some time to make some improvements.
I have populated the pit area a little. I still want to pick up a cheap wrecking truck and articulated lorry.

I have planted a few trees which i got off ebay and added a Police Volvo and Mobile Emergency station (£4 bargin from ebay)

And lastly added an Emerency services "station" in the infield area. The Ambulance, firetruck and police car are from a local supermarket here in stockholm...£4.50 bargin!

Still gonna do do more work around the pit area when i get time. Enjoying to much racing at the moment.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Crash scene at SRC Raceway!

Happy New Year All!

Sorry, been a while since my last post...work and other distractions!

Here are a few pics of a crash scene that myself and my friend Paul knocked up over xmas. Paul came over from UK to visit for new year so, in between keeping our kids and respective halves happy we snuck-off to the track a few times for some racing. We had both prepped a Ninco Jap-GT car and Proslot Toyota GT1 and ran these in our races. Even though we had set our cars up differently (for non/mag racing) they were suprisingly even during competition. We ended in a tie (which i was happy about seeing that he is a better driver than I!!).

The crash scene features Paul's ninco mini custom painted (AustinPowers...) and figures that he painted and brought over as xmas pressies

I went down to the track today and that firefighter still hasn't put the fire out!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
For some reason my Lap top wont let me see the pics (Damn Nike and their stupid filters!!!)

But I can only assume it was the pics we/you took.

I can't belive he still has not put the fire out.... usless marshall!!! we should rig up a little water next time.

I would like to point put that 16s is a very good racer and we are very even...but I should have won as I did stop to help him during a de slot
if only I had carried on....would have been a diffrent story.

Oh and non magnets on a large ciruit are the way forward.
but I never said that!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.