SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the programme in a net book with no issues. Only problem is the net book screen is too small. So have installed another version from trhe net on my older lap top running Windows XP. The problem is it only shows Comm 3 port (I have the USB cable) but it does no connect (red light does not go out). When I plug the USB port in it claims it needs driver software which is cannot fined. Without it it give a message not installed properly and may not work and it does not! Any ideas what I have done wrong. Software is set to c7042 which is correct.

I hope it can be fixed as it looks to be great fun.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Hi,

I think these are the drivers you need to install (linked from the SSDC site on the cables page): http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

I don't remember what happened now on XP but it didn't go smoothly for me however in the end it worked. Windows 7 certainly takes the pain out of it.
I use an old 7" screen netbook but with an old monitor plugged in via the VGA socket and set to clone screen or extend screen which you find in the graphics card properties - works great even with my low powered netbook.

If you are still stuck maybe email whoever you bought the cable from.
Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
So, if I understand correctly, you only need the ftdi drivers if using Win XP and not Win 7?
What about Win Vista?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good and bad news. Thanks for the info. Bad new is that the windows software came up with a set-up error. Abbandoned it and went to the mini notebook. Actually with perseverance it works well and the leaderboard is just big enough. Now have to summon the enthusiasm to get the PC fixed professionally to take the Windows software or live with the SSD at home only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts