Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Scalex digital 7204 system. Running a 24m track, full copper tape and power taps. Track and cars running very well. 6 lane changers.
My problem is intermittant ( that terrible word when dealing with problems ) I get irregular lap times from my 7204 APB. Times that can be out by 5 or 6 seconds either faster or slower than expected time. I havent really started to isolate this problem yet. eg pace car issues, lane change issues, etc etc. But the problem does seem to occure more regularly with heavy use. 4 or more cars either divers or pacers. I will investigate more when I have time, but just thought some one may be able to shed some light....Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
As Phil mentioned, if not upgraded your original APB firmware than you will have lots of issues with lap counting. You can update the firmware very easily and quickly by following the instructions from this link - http://ssdc.jackaments.com/firmware.shtml

·
Greg Gaub
14,638 Posts
Also, some people seemed to have more lap counting issues when their XLCs did not have the "DPR fix" where you paint over the tips of the rails at the crossings to prevent braids from shorting two adjacent rails. Speculation was that those shorts were messing up the APB.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
old spec xlc used here un-painted and firmware v1.06 and 100% reliability

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok next question.. sorry I seem so vague but its all a bit new to me.
To connect my c7024 to a computer so I can download firmware update can I use a shop purchased cable. Or do I need one of the cables from RichG or ricko Rocket. Currently all I wish to do is update firmware.
Next question, is the hole I plug into on the c7024 the same hole that the control tower is plugged into.
Thanks for the help

Grant

·
Greg Gaub
14,638 Posts
You need the cable from Riko or Rich. Take your pick. I have a RikoRocket cable and it works great. Cables from shops won't have the right wiring in them. This is the only way to update the firmware other than sending the base to someone else to do, but then you'd have to do that any time you update it. Besides, the cable will also let you try out using a computer to control things. SSDC has a 30 day trial (I think) with no purchase obligation. Other RMS apps also have trials, or are free. If you find that you don't like or need what they do, then you haven't spent a penny you needn't have spent. But, you might find that the difference is worth the money for the software of your choice.

Yes, the cable goes in the same hole as the tower. You can only use one at a time.

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
Grant,

Once you have either of the cables PLEASE just make sure you plug everything in first and THEN switch it ON....Do not plug or unplug that cable while ANYTHING is ON. I have a RichG cable and he put a nice warning on there....you will blow the USB chip that comes with the cable if you plug or unplug it while the APB is on...otherwise - ENJOY!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts