Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I recently joined a digital club and I'm now hooked!

I've always been more of a car collector and occasional (analogue) rug-racer (even more occasional since my daughter was born 18 months ago!) but I'm increasingly thinking about building a semi-permanent layout and want to go down the digital route.

I've been looking at the different options and would like to build a routed track, possibly incorporating SSD lane changers. I can see that the X lane changers are readily available, but the curved ones just don't seem to be available at my usual online retailers. They don't even list them on the Scalextric site.

Have they stopped making these?

Cheers
Steve

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
sadly they are no more. But if you are intent on using them they can be picked up quite cheaply from epay.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
i think the main reason was that it caused a shorting problem when used with the C7042 apb. A problem that was very easy to overcome.

The problem only exists when in analouge mode.

Try to look out for the older type of clc as this has a small bump on the inside of the rail to help direct the guide flag for a lane change.

I had some early one's without these and some cars would drive flatout into the centre of the fliper,the sound is horrible but strangely there was no long term damage.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was interested as to why these were dropped. We have one and have been using it but to be honest It wasnt spinning my top. But then we rearranged the track placed it in a different position and wow its really come into its own. Contemplating getting afew more just incase they do become and endangered species.

·
Registered
42 Posts
it does suck they dont do them any more, I had trouble finding them, the last one I purchased was purely by chance rumaging around on the shelf of my local toy shop and by chance it was the exact changer I had been trying to get hold off so I couldnot leave it there all alone feeling unwanted , but for hornby to stop making them is daft, the fix for them to alow analogue use is easy, and is outlined in mr modifiers vidios on using the adv pb, did it to mine yesterday and all hunkydory,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts