SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
523 Posts
If you can provide pictures and a detailed write up how the power supply was connected, I will update my comparison. Better yet, have your friend provide a write up.

I'll be honest that I question your veracity. I cannot see how adding more power to the system will stop it from shorting. Additional power will not bend the laws of physics. Sounds too good to be true, but I will suspend disbelief and wait for your reply.

(The problem is not that it is shorting per se, but what it DOES when it shorts, which is loose race results.)

· Registered
523 Posts
QUOTE (astro @ 29 Dec 2004, 12:00)darainbow - the system may detect when more current is demanded than available, and uses this to trigger a warning and system shut down
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

possibly. ..

I like Xlots suggestion of seeing if a seccond track can be used for programming.

If all these people own SSD, then why havent the hard questions been answered yet? Someone needs to try programming with a separate base unit. Surely someone has bought 2 sets for the extra cars and has an extra base unit...

Also, why are the LCs a power drain? I dont think they are witth Pro-X but then I went to the big supply as soon as I upgraded and have many power taps. If LCs have current requirements, then aftermarket power will be ESSENTIAL for longer layouts with many LCs. I figured LC current draw was negligible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.