SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an overload with my SSD. THe overload will not clear itself. I took the SSD until out of my track layout and then I plugged it in by itself and still get the OVERLOAD. Any ideas??

brian

·
Soren Winkler Rasmussen
355 Posts
QUOTE (bmacminn @ 3 Jan 2005, 22:21)I got an overload with my SSD. THe overload will not clear itself. I took the SSD until out of my track layout and then I plugged it in by itself and still get the OVERLOAD. Any ideas??If you can't find a short on the power base itself, then you have a defective power base. You could check the resistance between the rails of each slot, if you have an ohm meter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Brian,

I just got exactly the same problem with my (2nd) power base. More details on how I got this are in the other Overloads/frequency topic.

QUOTE (bmacminn @ 4 Jan 2005, 08:21)I got an overload with my SSD. THe overload will not clear itself. I took the SSD until out of my track layout and then I plugged it in by itself and still get the OVERLOAD. Any ideas??

brian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

·
Registered
26 Posts
QUOTE (SWoRd @ 4 Jan 2005, 08:45)If you can't find a short on the power base itself, then you have a defective power base. You could check the resistance between the rails of each slot, if you have an ohm meter.

Thanks Sword for the hint. I just tried that on my overloaded power base (on its own, no power) and I get about 180k ohms (180,000) across the rails of one lane [ie LH rail lane 1, RH rail lane 1], and the same value across opposing rails of the two lanes [ie LH rail lane 1, RH rail lane 2]. I get zero ohms across the same rail on each lane [ie LH rail lane 1, LH rail lane 2]. I guess the 180k indicates the short?

p.s. As a newbie to this forum, I am really fascinated by all the interaction going on here. I realise that the problems I have had are the exception rather than the rule, and I've had enough of a sniff of the beauty and excitement of Scalex digital racing that I'm a bit frustrated rather than peeved with my problems and I am just looking forward to reliable racing and the future magic of pit lanes, race management software etc to come from Scalex.

·
Soren Winkler Rasmussen
355 Posts
Hi Scalexwag
QUOTE (scalxwag @ 9 Jan 2005, 01:30)Thanks Sword for the hint.You're welcome.

QUOTE I just tried that on my overloaded power base (on its own, no power) and I get about 180k ohms (180,000) across the rails of one lane [ie LH rail lane 1, RH rail lane 1], and the same value across opposing rails of the two lanes [ie LH rail lane 1, RH rail lane 2]. I get zero ohms across the same rail on each lane [ie LH rail lane 1, LH rail lane 2]. I guess the 180k indicates the short?No, the 180k ohm resistance is not a short. The zero ohms is a short, but they are supposed to be there.

It doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with the power base track, so it must lie in the electronics.

It could also be a weak power supply, but you can check that by measuring the voltage across the DC plug, when the power base shows overload. If it's around 12V, then your power supply is ok, and the error lies within the power base.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts