SlotForum banner

SSD pit-lane library

13K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  sealevel 
QUOTE (joearcherscx200 @ 23 Feb 2011, 13:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i'd like to put a pit lane in my layout but I don't really see the point if you don't have a fuel management system-and that costs lots of money!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can get SSDC v4 to run with the old Scaley 6 car PB for GBP 10 or for the new APB get V5 for GBP 30 and use a pit lane for refueling!

Check it out!

Cheers!

QUOTE (Minardi @ 2 Feb 2011, 11:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This is my pitlane. Entry just before the corner behind the pit building. Made up of cut R1, R2 R3 and the squeeze track.

I am happy with one lane, works fine. 2 lane would be cool, but takes up so much space.
Sorry to harken back to the Catalunya/Minardi Ring... but just one question that came up in your posting above...

As I understand it you also HAD a 1.2m x 3-4m table and put the pit entrance in the end somewhere. Am I correct?
I would appreciate your help in understanding where it was located. Is it on the end or on the track on the back side of the table? It is hard to see in the above picture.

I am having trouble locating the pit entrance away from the straight on a similar sized table.

Cheers!

QUOTE (Minardi @ 13 Jan 2012, 03:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes, you are right. The table was (is) 1.22 m., but the wall is flexible so I used a little more space to fit in a pit lane entry. I will try to find a picture.
That said, I have seen people shortening pit lane track pieces, doesn't look to difficult.
I know that with R2 curves one can fit a single straight across the end of a 1.2m board. The Pit Lane In track is 1.5 straights which means it will not fit and still allow borders around the corners. That is why I was asking about your layout.

Thanks again for sharing.
Cheers!

That is too cool!

Now how did you get the lights to come on when they need to pit? Is it driven by SSDC or PitPro or a manual switch?

I have always admired your pit lane (especially your entrance). Nowadays, one can use a series of XLCs in the pit and just block off the straight between the "ins" and "outs" to get a similar effect... but it would take a longer pit to accomplish.

Kudos to you, Martin, and thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Great work, Mr. Olufsen.
I wonder... do either you or MartinT have any "missed pits" using the CLC for the Pit Entry?
I am unable to compare your (2) designs with the straight pit entry so would be interested in your (or others) experience in missed "pit in's".

Thanks again for sharing!
Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback.

QUOTE (MartinT @ 25 Jan 2012, 02:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have the sensor in an r2 i.s.o. the regular half straight

Would you explain the "i.s.o." reference please.

QUOTE The sensor does have an extra sensor eye on the outside of the rail

Are you referring to the sensor in the "other lane" or did you add one?

Thanks!

Many thanks... once you explained it I had a "duh" moment.
I am not fully conversant in the short form speak of text messaging so thanks for clarifying.

I will read over your thread again.... (yippee.... that is NOT a punishment by any extent).

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.