SlotForum banner

SSD pit-lane library

13K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  sealevel 
This is my pitlane. Entry just before the corner behind the pit building. Made up of cut R1, R2 R3 and the squeeze track.

I am happy with one lane, works fine. 2 lane would be cool, but takes up so much space.

QUOTE Then about identifying cars. I dont see it as ever being possible with standard Scalextric SSD since the Lane Changers do not communicate in any way at all with the powerbase, the race management system or for that matter, the cars. But it´s nice to know that Scorpius or O2 might support it. But what about a mod? Has anyone attempted this and actually produced something usable?

Pit Pro does what you want. And more, like display fuel level. There is a sensor in the pit lane track piece that is used for identfying cars, usually at pit in. You can get an optional pit out sensor, or design pit lane before SF and use SF as pit out sensor. SSDC fully supports this.
And If I am correct, SSDC also has the option to use sensors of a 2nd (not powered) powerbase fo rpit in/out detection.

QUOTE As I understand it you also HAD a 1.2m x 3-4m table and put the pit entrance in the end somewhere. Am I correct?
Yes, you are right. The table was (is) 1.22 m., but the wall is flexible so I used a little more space to fit in a pit lane entry. I will try to find a picture.
That said, I have seen people shortening pit lane track pieces, doesn't look to difficult.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.