SlotForum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Thank you for your kind words Sealevel!
The LEDs are commanded on/off by PCLC, (low and out of fuel state) and they are controlled by a Phidgets board, which integrates with PCLC.

Martin, that is such a sweet pitlane! Thanks for sharing.
One day when I'm big....one day!

That dude under the tree reminds me of my wife at the Monza GP last year....she took a nap behind the Grand Stand while the GP2 cars were qualifying....still don't know how she did it with all that noise!

Hi everybody,
Some very inspired pitlane designs have come up in this thread, I must say! Building on the same basis as MartinT in his wonderful layout - the CLC - I have made a simple curved entry pitlane to fit into a curve at a 90cm table end in my tiny home layout. The trackpower screendumps show the first attempt, and the one currently in the layout. Using a CLC served two purposes: It took up less space and eliminated the full R1 u-turn in the pitlane, and it broke the monotony of the R2 outside lane.

The photo is just to indicate that the fixed exit wedge/flipper has been fired up by soldering and wiring it to both the incoming and exit RH rail to avoid dead spots and ends.

A bit pedestrian, no big modifications involved. The rail section not in use has been temporarily covered with cloth tape though eventually I'll probably cut and adapt the CLC when making the layout (a little bit more) permanent.
Br,
Christian

Great work, Mr. Olufsen.
I wonder... do either you or MartinT have any "missed pits" using the CLC for the Pit Entry?
I am unable to compare your (2) designs with the straight pit entry so would be interested in your (or others) experience in missed "pit in's".

Thanks again for sharing!
Cheers!

Nice one Mr.O.!

Sealevel, the miss rate of the pitentry due to a missed LC are zero percent on my track. (even though I have the sensor in an r2 i.s.o. the regular half straight. The sensor does have an extra sensor eye on the outside of the rail, but with magracing this turned out not to be needed.)

Same here, w or w/o mags so far no misses that are due to missing the pitlane entry LC sensor. The entry follows a 2m+ straight, so there is not much drifting going on.
/Christian

Thanks for the feedback.

QUOTE (MartinT @ 25 Jan 2012, 02:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have the sensor in an r2 i.s.o. the regular half straight

Would you explain the "i.s.o." reference please.

QUOTE The sensor does have an extra sensor eye on the outside of the rail

Are you referring to the sensor in the "other lane" or did you add one?

Thanks!

QUOTE (sealevel @ 26 Jan 2012, 07:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...
Would you explain the "i.s.o." reference please....

...Are you referring to the sensor in the "other lane" or did you add one?...

Sorry for the confusion, with i.s.o. I meant "instead of" (apparently not a regular English abbreviation I guess
)

I did add an extra sensoreye connected in parallel to the original one. (the other lane sensor from the CLC is separated from the PCB and moved to and is used to operate one of the lanechangers in the pits) (I think the how to do extra sensor eyes (with stocknumbers) is also in the topic that I did a few years back about making your own lanechangers)

Later,

Martin

Many thanks... once you explained it I had a "duh" moment.
I am not fully conversant in the short form speak of text messaging so thanks for clarifying.

I will read over your thread again.... (yippee.... that is NOT a punishment by any extent).

Cheers!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.