SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
Looking at the ssd platinum as the obvious next step from the massive AFX setup i currently have. Just wondering if anyone has tried varying the track layout of the ssd platinum or if the track provided limits you to whats in the picture on the box. I have a board that's in a big U shape3x3x4meters long by 1.5 Meters wide and want to know if I'll be able to fit it on by changing the layout. I'll be looking to pick up a second hand sport track to beef up track length eventually but in the meantime don't want to get it home and not be able to set up without major construction work. ANy advice appreciated.

Stu

·
Greg Gaub
14,651 Posts
Oh, you can fit something in your space with that track, for sure. It might be a little boring, but that's why you're looking at getting more track.

For your shopping list, be sure to get some R3 and R4 turns, and maybe a few R1 for a technical section.
Also, as you play more with layouts, and also with the used track, you'll want to Crimp the rails, according to this Track Maintenance article.

Welcome to SlotForum, Stu! You're in good company with Scalextric Digital!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Hi,

The best way to get extra track is thru sets ( but most sets only have R2's )

It works out so much cheaper than new

Also even if the track is new I always crimp all the joints before I put it down ( you dont need to worry about the foil bit )

And this part is a must Keep the Braids Tidy and Neat in Digital

Enjoy

Michael

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm constantly watching track auctions on eBay as you never know when you might need more, watch the no reserve auctions but also look at the postage costs as they can wipe out a bargain. I bought 12 standard straights with only one of them seeing any action for £14 with £4 postage.
You can buy new from jadlam for about £4 a straight posted which is much better then anywhere else.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
or just pop along to Gaydon this coming sunday.

Last year there were plenty of ssd straights going for a £1 each and plenty of R2 bends as well.

The R3 & R4 bends are harder to find though and usually fetch a bit more..

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hope you had a good meet guys. Bit far for me to make it from near Sydney. There's a few clubs down here I'm going to investigate.

Thanks for all the cool tips. Picked up Pit lane game I'm going to get moded into Pit pro, couple of weeks and I'll be grabbing the rest. Yeehar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts