SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how easy is it to take apart the SSD powerbase track, and use it to power a routed track? im planning a (without giving away to many secrets) single lane track, that would have more than one car on it, so i would like to use the SSD power for only one lane, and also have the lap counting (so it can tell which car has crossed the line)?

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Hi,

SSD is already a one lane system. iner and outer lanes are connect between them. there is for me no problem to adapt SSD to a routed track. Call Xlot, he's working on it successfully

david

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i could run a single lane track with no lane changes (single lanes dont have changes) that runs though both sides of the track attached to the power base?

·
Soren Winkler Rasmussen
355 Posts
QUOTE (Skeeter @ 10 Jan 2005, 23:41)so i could run a single lane track with no lane changes (single lanes dont have changes) that runs though both sides of the track attached to the power base?Yes you can.

You could even do a quite realistic simulation of a Formula 1 race that way.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, my 'secret' idea is a rally super special stage. where the track is one long loop that crosses the start line twice, so that 2 cars run the same track, just starting in diffeent positions. with the SSD power base you would be able to have lap/half-lap times aswell!

i decided to share my idea as ive realied that june will be the earlyest iwill be able to start (unless i do some over easter) due to me being at university! hopefully someone else will try this and let me know how it goes (this will be my first self made track)

·
Registered
16 Posts
QUOTE (Skeeter @ 11 Jan 2005, 01:29)well, my 'secret' idea is a rally super special stage. where the track is one long loop that crosses the start line twice, so that 2 cars run the same track, just starting in diffeent positions. with the SSD power base you would be able to have lap/half-lap times aswell!

i decided to share my idea as ive realied that june will be the earlyest iwill be able to start (unless i do some over easter) due to me being at university! hopefully someone else will try this and let me know how it goes (this will be my first self made track)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you think of this from the Race of Champions they had a very similiar track during this race

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the new race of champions sucked!!! why put it in a stadium with a wanabe tarmac track! it was SOOOO much better when it was in the canarie islands with a propper rally super special stage style track!!! but yes, the idea did come after seeing some of that....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts