SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last few months i've been slowly building a SSD track in my shed.
Constuction of the table started during the Christmas break.

This is what the shed looked like at the start of the clean up.

The table was constructed so i could store stuff under it, the result means that the track seems very close.

After many different designs, this is the layout that i settled on.
Layout is 5mtrs x 2.3 mtrs, lane lenght is 24.5 mtrs

Once the table was finished, the track was laid out to see if it fit, and to work out elevations.

more later.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Elevations were set out, and table was marked for power tap holes.

After drilling holes for power taps, and giving the table a quick coat of paint.
This is where i've got to with running power taps around the track.
Each peice of track is wired together (in lots of 4 peices).

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
I love the mess in the first pic. Looks like my garage today. I just tore down my track this week and in process of rebuilding it.

You have a nice looking track design as well. Keep us posted

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, After racing on sax0607's track, i hope mine is a fast track.

Finished off the power taps this week, plus i painted up some MDF boarders that i'd made earlier.
now all i've got to do is spend a few hours under the table hooking up all those wires.

sorry about the dark pics, some fool forgot to turn the flash on.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Fantastic idea with those interconnecting borders, will be great on a track not fixed down as it will help stopping track shift. What did you use to get the textured finish to the MDF?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just used a small foam roller, and semi gloss enamel.

Master/slave mod has been done, just need more wire to finish off the cableing.

QUOTE One question though.... where have all the dinosaurs gone?

Didn't they die off hundreds of thousands of years ago?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys.

Bench tested my Master/Slave mod last night. NO SMOKE!!!!

Which means, i'll be doing laps this weekend.

A big thanks to ALL the pioneers of the SSD mods, without your hard work i would of never even attemped any of this.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Track is up and running, i did aprox 50 laps using various cars, and the only issue i've got is the Straight Lane change wont work, Oh and i don't have enough track fencing/guard rails.
Track is filthy, and rails need a good polish so i only managed a 8.20sec lap on 13 volts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Track is getting closer to being "race ready", made up another MDF boarder and fence.
Fence is made from a length of electrical ducting.

On the lower level i used scaley boarder, but i trimmed it so it's only 20mm wide including ripple strip.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Got some srious track time last night, after setting up Rubenio's, Slot GP software, great software!

Will be setting up sector timing tonight.
To all the guys that said this track looked fast, Yep!, maybe too fast, will be very 'busy' with 4 or 5 cars at once.
Got down to a 6.7 sec lap, (track lenght of 24.4 mtrs) and the track and rails are not as clean as they should be.
I could hear my scaley mustang lifting it's guide out over the hump,
through the middle back straight, (dont know what else to call that bit of track yet).

Managed to have my scaley Corvette end up on the floor "outside the shed", so i might look at running 'non mag' to try and keep the speed down.
Note to self, "more fencing"

·
Registered
367 Posts
I hope you have put a mark on the ground where the vette landed , you may remember from my track , how my Garner vette loves to "fly" , I hope this isn't the start of some sadistic competition ,Is that mustang the one I know ? have you given it a horsepower injection ? if not ,this HUMP will prove to be an interesting section to negotiate.
If you are running 6.7 with dirty rails by the time you put copper foil on them and gain some traction you will get down into the 5's, I predict 5.750 for you and a 5.300 for me ............................................hehehehehe

looking forward to having a run soon
sax

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.