SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
We often hear how people want to lengthen their throttle cables, but before I go and butcher some would there be any real difference if I shortened them by about a third??

All the best - Greg

·
Prof I T
11,196 Posts
hi
can't see it being a problem Greg,i have added 6ft to one throttle in the past and got no notable difference in any of its actions.

Mmm, seems a strange question though having just recieved your wireless ones.

·
Registered
239 Posts
As far as the trailing leads go I overcame this problem by putting the transmitter in my pocket opposite side to my throttle and running the wire up my side infront of my shoulder then behind my neck then down to the throttle in my hand. This keeps that long pesky loop of wire under control and neatly out of the way without any modifications. It also overcame my not being used to having a wireless throttle and putting the throttle down to go reslot a car and the throttle following me across the floor. Assuming you are not 6' 12" tall the throttle wire should be long enough.

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I was more worried about littl'uns rushing about and catching the cable on something ........ I would hate for anything to happen to my Throttle-PROs.

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,289 Posts
Caution on getting them from Maplins - I just bought a few for this very purpose and they aren't a good fit.

I was about to post asking if anyone could suggest a non- Maplins alternative.

Anybody else remember those far off days when Maplins was a good hobbyist electronics store, not a glorified toy shop?

# edit # btw Greg! To answer your OP, no, not any effect whatsoever. As long as you can fit a plug on it, it's workable.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Instead of shortening the cable from the plug end and then buying a new one to reattach, why not just take the throttle apart and shorten the end which goes into the throttle itself? Then you don't have to worry about getting the wrong size plug, or even paying the price of travel and the part itself...

TT

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Tahi,

That is my intention
I've just finished a callout ([email protected]@dy computers
) so got to have a shower and nosh, chat to the Missus ......... then it's time to hit the old Throttle-PROs again ......... and maybe a little G&T chilled from the fridge will also possibly help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts