SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A suprise package was delivered by our Scalextric rep today, unfortunately only on short term loan but just in time for our sunday open day. So if you fancy coming along to have a play and test out the Scalextric Sport Digital we are open from 10-3pm this Sunday November 7th. For details of how to find us click here.....
www.pendleslotracing.co.uk

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Each month we open the first Sunday. It is a chance for our customers to come and browse around the showroom or check out any new products. It also gives us the opportunity to spend sometime with our customers in amore relaxed atmosphere (anyone who has visited the shop during a weekday knows it gets a little hectic!)
If you need to take 'er indoors' i would recommend dropping her off at the Boundary mill shop at Junction 14 of the M65!
Sean

·
Registered
316 Posts
Looks like IM not gonna get a Sunday lie in this weekend - I will definatly try and get there...

Thanks for the notice....

See you there

CoolS

·
Registered
752 Posts
QUOTE (Pendleslot @ 5 Nov 2004, 20:11)A suprise package was delivered by our Scalextric rep today, unfortunately only on short term loan but just in time for our sunday open day. So if you fancy coming along to have a play and test out the Scalextric Sport Digital we are open from 10-3pm this Sunday November 7th. For details of how to find us click here.....
www.pendleslotracing.co.uk
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...and very pleasant it was too

Needs more crossovers, and crossovers on straights... and crossovers that you can cross from either lane from...

Apart from that, and once we'd programmed the brakes to operate when you release the trigger (ie as per 'normal') It all worked well.

One point to note - My experiences of digital have led me to one conclusion... Y'need a bloomin' big layout, I'd say 2 x circuit 4s minimum.

-Rob

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have to agree - I shuffled along this morn - for a look see.

The 2 cross overs are a bit limiting and found it quite disturbing that you could just run about with the lane change button pressed down all the time.

Runnin 1 car in the reverse direction, became a wee bit interesting for a while, till we realised it was only a demo, and others have got to use it.,,,, No - honestly - I was shocked to find the cars would run in either direction, without issue. (lane changing does occur also, but not by choice...)

Controller wire length was relativly good. 3 Drivers could stand quite comfortably side by side with out putting undue force on the control Box. 6 drivers...I believe there would be a danger of getting intimate with out extensions....

Im not sure if we had more track than came with the set, but if it was the set as standard, then it was ample for a small track.

2 Porsches from the set are nice looking cars, both quite stable. We didnt pull any magnets, but they still got a bit tail happy.
The silver audi TT, was a touch faster, and happier through corners.

Thanks Guys for an interesting morning. I look forward to release day.

Cheers
CoolS

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Hugs and I paid our first visit to Pendle (Sean kindly provided Hugs with a chair and offer of tea and coffee while I browsed the extensive stock!)

It was great to be able to try out SSD too. I can only agree with the above comments:

A long track seemes necesary

LCs on straights might be better

More LCs are needed - to be fair the set-up was about 2 set 4s worth, or at least 2 set 3s, so maybe 2 LCs are enough for a standard set;

The porsches and TT were fun cars to drive, but not as fun as other models; however - I think you definately have to learn to race with LC's - so maybe it is good to start with robust cars! Remembering to brake and change lane at the same time is not natural - to me anyway.

Bumping a car from behind rarely causes an off, but there was carnage at the LCs a few times

Oh - and the system works best when you realise which car you are actually controlling

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hmmmm - sorry boys but i have to disagree with you

I do not think u need a large to track to make this work. With the track set up at Pendle - there was not enuf crossovers, just one per lap to switch inside to outside lane (or vice-versa) I think on a smaller home track - about set 4 size, 2 crossovers would be fine. U can get what - a 5-7 second lap on a home track - how many crossovers do you need in that time? It takes your brain a little while to think - i want to change lanes - need to press button (before the curve so that the sensor registers). You cannot press and change whilst actually on the curve, as the sensor track section is directly before the curve.

Also - I liked the corner crossovers. You have to slow and judge the crossover, as the radius of the curve gets tighter if you cross lanes. I think a cross-over on a straight however would not flow properly with the track, and would cut-up an otherwise nice long straight. The crossover can be a max of a standard straight length - thats gonna wiggle

Lv Hugs x x x

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Sorry , didn't take any pics

A scalextric set '4' is the set with the biggest amount of track. Set 3 is a bit smaller.

I believe the digital set will be a set '3', roughly.

The layout was about twice the size of that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts